Who loves her/his Pathos Logos MKII Hybrid Integrated?

Oh I forgot about the Inpol. A friend has one and swears by it - he was a tube guy - it is something I’m half keeping an eye out for secondhand. Looks beautiful as well, which helps.

Apologies Paolo for going slightly OT here but : @Stefan - can you still get the Endorphin CD player? Weirdest looking thing but one of the best CD players I’ve ever heard. Very vinyl like.

Edit: I know another audiophile who happily used his Lagos for over 10 years (never broke down, and controlled his 84db speakers) before upgrading to the Ypsilon Phaethon, which given he almost never changes his gear says something. I mean - that’s a huge jump in cost.

I seem to know a lot of audiophiles…..

Great thread!

Last edited:
Reactions: paolo
Make no mistake - the Logos is good, but the Inpol circuit amps (TT and Inpol 2) are on a whole different level from the Logos.
I just saw your post- I'll do further research into the Inpol. I fear the TT is a bit above my budget, although I could stretch if I felt compelled to.

Tubes deteriorate in sound quality very quickly.if you can afford to change them often it’s fine.
With all due respect, I think you maybe misinformed. I have one tube (6922) in my CJ ET5 pre. Rated at 10,000 hours. After five years and counting, It's probably there, or close, and still sounds wonderful.

I had a bad experience with a audible illusions 3a preamp and never owned anything with tubes since than. This pre chewed the tubes up real quick.

Oh tubes, I’ve never found much of a problem except wanting to tube roll usually involving something NOS and expensive….

and I love the warm glow at night.

I had Jadis Orchestra which was absolutely gorgeous - it was modded lightly. The new ones might even auto bias…

Reactions: Addicted to hifi
Oh tubes, I’ve never found much of a problem except wanting to tube roll usually involving something NOS and expensive….

and I love the warm glow at night.

I had Jadis Orchestra which was absolutely gorgeous - it was modded lightly. The new ones might even auto bias…
The glow of tubes is really special and I miss that part.

The glow of tubes is really special and I miss that part.
Would you like the GREEN glow that some McIntosh amps display? If they glow standard orange, this is a warm-up or fault signal.

Ha! I checked out one of their hybrid amps at a showroom last week and saw the unnatural green glow. It's only green because it's a McIntosh and I'm used to (and much prefer) the warm and comforting natural orange glow of the hot innards of vacuum tubes!

Reactions: Addicted to hifi
Ha! I checked out one of their hybrid amps at a showroom last week and saw the unnatural green glow. It's only green because it's a McIntosh and I'm used to (and much prefer) the warm and comforting natural orange glow of the hot innards of vacuum tubes
I like both.

Karma? Good/Bad? :)

Well, just when I was ready to ask him to toss the pair of vintage tube amps into the nearest pond, my brilliant tech guy has come up with an economical way to salvage both, and make them more user-friendly and reliable. So, it looks as if I'm "stuck" with them for a while longer. I have a very nice hybrid preamp which is an excellent match. Yes, the amps will still be heavy, hot, and homely, but when the planets align, they do sound lovely. And, of course, The GLOW! Maybe I'll celebrate with a new octet of 6550's.

Ahhh, tubes, love 'em or leave 'em.
But I'll stay tuned in here because I still am interested in learning more about better Pathos amps. I just sold my Pathos Classic One MKIII. As much as I liked the Pathos, my factory-upgraded Wells Audio Majestic Level II is substantially better in my room, with my speakers.
Carry on lads.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andrew S.
Update, and oh, the irony.

I just got my vintage tube preamp back from a CLA and hooked it up to my newly-rebuilt mono tube amps. Even though the amps need much more break-in time, the sound is simply wonderful. So, the irony is that I'm hanging on to all my vintage tube gear after all, and will treat the amps to a new matched octet of Tung-sol 6550s in a few days. As much as I like the Wells Majestic Level II integrated, I'll likely replace it with a modestly-priced tube integrated as a backup.
One might say it's a case of "love the one you're with". AND, newer is not necessarily better. You'd think I'd know this by now but clearly, I needed a refresher course.

Oh, the tech who rebuilt my mono amps measured output and these things kick ass, even after all these decades. My Maggies are sounding righteous.

Update, and oh, the irony.

I just got my vintage tube preamp back from a CLA and hooked it up to my newly-rebuilt mono tube amps. Even though the amps need much more break-in time, the sound is simply wonderful. So, the irony is that I'm hanging on to all my vintage tube gear after all, and will treat the amps to a new matched octet of Tung-sol 6550s in a few days. As much as I like the Wells Majestic Level II integrated, I'll likely replace it with a modestly-priced tube integrated as a backup.
One might say it's a case of "love the one you're with". AND, newer is not necessarily better. You'd think I'd know this by now but clearly, I needed a refresher course.

Oh, the tech who rebuilt my mono amps measured output and these things kick ass, even after all these decades. My Maggies are sounding righteous.
agree newer is not necessarily better.

The pathos logos mk2 integrated is great for taking analytical speakers and fattening them up a bit. A local dealer was displaying the persona 7f for about a year with all different components and I always waked out of the room being impressed but not convinced until I heard them with the logos mkII then I was convinced and bought the pair. The combo convinced me I didn't have to spend as much on components as speakers to get quality sound.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing