When it rains it pours

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
My other priorities as mentioned here in DaVa thread.

Both cartridges arrived on same day - not planned that way and were ordered in the spring . Esturo was non- available from mfr. for months due to non- availability of saphire plates. My dealer ordered 4 in April.

The fun begins. I have very limited time because of life. However, I hope to get at least one mounted in the next few days. GFS will come off for the Etsuro and Koetsu Jade on the FR66s will come off for the DaVa.

Wish me luck.

Attachments

• IMG_2093.jpg
    IMG_2093.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2090.jpg
    IMG_2090.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2088.jpg
    IMG_2088.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 38

108CY

May 4, 2013
My other priorities as mentioned here in DaVa thread.

Both cartridges arrived on same day - not planned that way and were ordered in the spring . Esturo was non- available from mfr. for months due to non- availability of saphire plates. My dealer ordered 4 in April.

The fun begins. I have very limited time because of life. However, I hope to get at least one mounted in the next few days. GFS will come off for the Etsuro and Koetsu Jade on the FR66s will come off for the DaVa.

Wish me luck.

Congratulations, you will certainly have fun with both of these cartridges. The etsuro cartridges have got even harder to get since April some models are back ordered till September/ October 2023.

Kcin

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
Canada
The Etsuro is on and the GFS is resting ( Jade is off too as fumble with the DaVa on the FR66s).

Out of the box Etsuro is very up front , holographic and detailed without being etched at all.

It has delicacy and detail all in one. Kind of reminds me of the Etna SL with more testicular fortitude. It is a strange and unique combination of attributes almost Koetsu like but more drive.

Bass is coming in as the hours go by. Only about 3 hrs on it today as it is our Canadian Thanksgiving here.

GFS is more in your face dynamic-but not nearly as harmonically nuanced.

More to come. My dealer sold his in stock gold one day and put it on the Kuzma sapphire - mind blowing.

BTW confirmed that deliveries of Etsuro for all models to next summer/fall at least?!

Attachments

• IMG_2140.jpg
    IMG_2140.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2136.jpg
    IMG_2136.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 21

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Pardon the digression -my homage to your Thread title

After 100+ odd years the "quip"is still relevant -one of the most apt Advertising labels ever conceived ;)

Good listening with the carts!

BruceD
Mor 1.jpg

Reactions: Kcin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing