What's the best Remote you ever used?

The remote on the defunct Proceed AVP gets my vote. Best ergonomics in a pre/pro I've ever tried.

Yes!!!!! I have touted this remote and the ergonomics of the AVP in the past. . Unbelievably powerful for the number functions you could access yet super simple. No other processor remote has come close. Nice to know I'm not all alone in this thought :)

As an aside, great sounding piece too. Killed the Lex MC12 for example in innate sound quality.

For my HT/2-channel system, I use a Universal Remote 880 with an MRF350 IR/RF station. On/offs a pretty complex system with no problem, and I like hard button remotes. Never have to look down. Will probably replace the 880 with one of the newer models at some point

Too bad HK-SG didn't bring this to Lexicon and ML. If Lex does it including the auto-migration that made it possible to use only 9 buttons, I'm buying.

OT: If Lex ever gets around to incorporating QLS in a product, I'm buying too. The demo at Cedia '11 is the most innovative and impressive thing I've heard in years.

Odd that the Sonic Frontiers "puck" hasn't been mentioned. Small, well balanced, full functions, and so comfortable as it sits in your palm. A couple minutes of practise and you can you use it in the dark. No blue LEDs to distract you!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing