What is your N-G voltage?

RayDunzl

Jun 26, 2014
Tampa
Was catching up with grounding threads (takes a while) and remembered that some tech people told me at the time I had a high neutral-to-ground voltage differential in the office which could potentially harm the servers they were installing.

it dawned on me to measure it at home last night (takes 2 secs with a multimeter) and read 0.3V. It appears the electrical code allows for a 5% (or 6V) drop in the US. I was curious to know whether the N-G differential was a factor on the efficacy of some of the grounding equipment. Anyways, did any one measure theirs and what was it?

My Neutral to Earth voltage for all the audio/visual equipment is 60Vac. It sits behind an Equitech.

How does that fit into the worrysome scenario being discussed?

RayDunzl

Jun 26, 2014
Tampa

RayDunzl

Jun 26, 2014
Tampa
BTW, good to see you here Ray.

Oops, let me respond with a belated "Thank you" and add Best Wishes for the New Year.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing