What is new in my music library? (recent purchases I enjoy)

PHAA_

Jan 4, 2024
Southeastern US
Post #1480 Explanation

This may take me a while as I've purchased/brought in quite a bit recently. After seriously reigning myself in for almost the entire year (2023), I just kinda let loose my addiction. Obviously, I listen to and appreciate a wide variety of music.

Doris Day - Day By Night

Worse for wear, however, this is the red lettering on white label 6-eye promo; much of it's wonderful sonics still comes through. It will hit the UC and then the more appropriate spinner, likely digitized to 24/192.

The Beatles - Rubber Soul

Original UK Parlophone found at thrift with no cover. "Drive My Car" first song on first side. This threw me. I don't really study the history of pressings and such. I know now that there were different versions; my reissue pressing does not contain the aforementioned song.

Small Faces

Immediate pink label self-titled album also found with no cover at a thrift.

Patty Page - On Stage
Buck Owens - I've Got A Tiger By The Tail
Ry Cooder - The Long Riders
Roy Clark - The Entertainer
Hank Ballard and the Midnighters - Their Greatest Hits black King label
Harry Belafonte - Streets I Have Walked

All thrift finds

Metro with WDR Big Band Cologne - Big Band Boom

Purchased new

...more later

Last edited:

PHAA_

Jan 4, 2024
Southeastern US

A 30 CD box set of Glenn Gould’s complete Bach recordings for Columbia Masterworks.
The marketing department gets an "A" on this one.

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
Shay Hazan - Wusul

Shay Hazan - Wusul.jpeg

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing