What amplifiers work best with Rockports? What have you heard?

RSFN

Jun 14, 2021
Congrats, RSFN...an enormous fan of Rockports having heard the Merak Sheritan IIs, the Altair IIs and the Arrakis. And everytime remarkably consistently and extremely quality at every price point and level...just more extreme version of the identical voice/character.

I have heard Rockport with Electrocomopaniet (Nemos), VTL Siegfrieds IIs and Soulutions 5-series. Always a great sound in every instance.

What led you to the Doshis over the most excellent Dartzeels and Soulutions?
Thanks LL21

It was the only amp that I have liked more than my old dart…other than that…i have heard that Andy himself loves it/use it…I just had to try it.
Similar magic sound (even more transparent and liquid) and with considerable better grip/bass.
I have also tried Goldmund and CH but not with the Cygnus. I am clearly more on the dartzeel camp and as I said Doshi was the only one that bettered it for my taste.

Best Regards

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks LL21

It was the only amp that I have liked more than my old dart…other than that…i have heard that Andy himself loves it/use it…I just had to try it.
Similar magic sound (even more transparent and liquid) and with considerable better grip/bass.
I have also tried Goldmund and CH but not with the Cygnus. I am clearly more on the dartzeel camp and as I said Doshi was the only one that bettered it for my taste.

Best Regards
Very interesting...i have spent time with the Dartzeel 108 many years ago so have at least some exposure. And have spent time with FM Acoustics as well which while different perhaps has some 'family resemblance' in idealogy of sound.

Never heard Doshi and read only superlatives. Given the tubes that some of the Doshi designs use, I wonder how they sound relative to CJ's latest flagships and designs.

Reactions: RSFN

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing