Vinyl Fan from Oakville, ON

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hello all!:)

I'm John and found this forum through a link from Vinylphilemag. Rich and I have been good friends for a few years now, although we have yet to actually meet in person. I saw that Ken (RUR) is also a member (hi Ken) and I hope to get a chance for some interaction with this most knowleable tube fan.

My audio interests are very heavily skewed towards analog setups, although I admit I have a wonderful affinity for good quality Blu-ray Concerts. I've been collecting vinyl since the mid-sixties and have a substantial collection, but I still buy used/new LP's on a regular basis.

My system is very moderate, but it serves me well and I enjoy it almost every day. Music drives me more than gear, so I'm not one of those audiophiles who yearns for constant upgrades. I do make changes, however they tend to be infrequant and moderate.

I hope to become an active participant and will promise to check in every day. Looking forward to meeting you all, and I hope we can shoot the breeze more often than not!

John

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

I'm John and found this forum through a link from Vinylphilemag. Rich and I have been good friends for a few years now, although we have yet to actually meet in person. I saw that Ken (RUR) is also a member (hi Ken) and I hope to get a chance for some interaction with this most knowleable tube fan.

My audio interests are very heavily skewed towards analog setups, although I admit I have a wonderful affinity for good quality Blu-ray Concerts. I've been collecting vinyl since the mid-sixties and have a substantial collection, but I still buy used/new LP's on a regular basis.

My system is very moderate, but it serves me well and I enjoy it almost every day. Music drives me more than gear, so I'm not one of those audiophiles who yearns for constant upgrades. I do make changes, however they tend to be infrequant and moderate.

I hope to become an active participant and will promise to check in every day. Looking forward to meeting you all, and I hope we can shoot the breeze more often than not!

John

Good to have you aboard--as well as being another vinyl lover. Can never have too many analog fans on board!!!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Welcome John

I am an ex-Canuck, having grown up just a short way from you in Toronto. Is that big Ford motor plant still in Oakville'

Indeed it is and growing! It's nice to see Ford doing as well as they are!

Good to have you aboard--as well as being another vinyl lover. Can never have too many analog fans on board!!!

Thank you Myles! Looking forward to sharing my love for vinyl with everyone!

John

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Oakville is about 140,000 and the Greater Hamilton area sits at about 500,000. McMaster has probably grown, but I don't know to what extent!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I left Toronto in 1978 and moved to Southern California. As an Ob/Gyn it was the grueling winters (making my life difficult getting to the hospital) and sadly OHIP.

Population of Oakville then was ~50,000

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I came here from Montreal in 84 and it was sitting at about 60-70,000, so yeah it has grown by leaps and bounds. Olde Oakville is still as quaint and charming as it ever has been though!

Anyway, I'm off for a bit, but I'll join the fun at some point this afternoon.

It's been apleasure and thank you for the warm welcome!

John

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com

John, good to see you here! I kept intending to mention this great forum to you and a few others over at our usual hangout, but never got around to it (he says somewhat sheepishly). Welcome!

Edit: and I'm glad the forum's banner at Vinylphile's site got at least one hit. :)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hi Rich,

You know me...anything I can do to help!

John

PS~ Been rather hectic around here with the impending move and a few other issues, but I'll be in touch shortly.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing