Two Flat TV's in house, same cable, missing HD channel in one

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
A few months ago my wife and I picked up an 42" LG LCD for the bedroom.

We now have a Panasonic 60 inch plasma in the living room.

They are both fed off the same cable TV splitter in the basement, which was replaced when Comcast went all digital a few months back.

We watch a lot of CBS it seems, and the new 60" Panasonic plasma gets a channel called 62-1 in HD, plus the same channel in non Hi-Def at a 3:4 screen ratio called 262-1.

The 42" LG LCD TV upstairs in the bedroom does not get the HD version, only the 3:4 version. When I key-in 62-1, I get a on screen message saying "no signal". I could have sworn that I originally had that channel, and may have accidentally manually removed it as a duplicate. This same TV also has a reoccurring issue of the 118 series channels (nothing on them) being reactivated after removal. I may have licked this part of the problem a few days ago, so I'm hesitant about messing with it too much.

Problem is my wife is used to using 62-1 with it's mediocre image and sound. She has a habit of not using the 62-1 downstairs in the living room, which annoys me. It's bad enough she does not sit where I want her too, she sits as far off angle as possible.

I could just delete the 262-1 channel from the 60 inch plasma's memory. However, before I do that I would like to get 62-1 upstairs and delete 262-1 once and for all.

Problem solving courses:

1. Switch the cable connection from the splitter in the basement (TV's off) and see if that changes anything.

2. Wipe the channel selection memory clean on the LG upstairs and search for new channels, once again eliminating weak and duplicate channels and dealing all over again with the 118 problem.

3. Remove 262-1 from the 60" plasma downstairs and act dumb when the wife cannot find it. While I'm at it remove all the non HD channels which are duplicate of HD channels.

Any other suggestions based on your own experiences?

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
No cable box.

It's digital direct from the cable company Comcast.

Funny thing about the Panasonic 60" plasma, it was reporting many analog channels with the so-called digital cable. So many in fact that it became an issue for me, so I went with the digital only selection.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing