There will be three media produced

LP D2D

Reel 15ips

Hi res digital file DXD

Only the best electronics are to be used

Now you are there as a friend of the producer to hear first production versions

The original master tape is there also to sign off on closeness to original

Which do you think will sound closest to original master tape

Wilma Fine when she did just that... said it was the digital.......

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
And tell me, is this the same Wilma Fine who made those famous Mercury "Living Presence" LPs and CDs that HP raved about, but now sit in my closet because in reality, they are all actually too darned bright to be considered an honest facsimile of the real thing? God help you if you don't have tone controls. (The irony of course is that no self-respecting audiophile would ever dare consider using those!).

I'll tell you, the longer I live, the more I realize that high end audio teachings are just like my medical school teachings- Half of what we were taught is wrong. As time goes by, the problem is knowing which half!!!
Marty

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I wonder if a lot of those mastering guys have significant HF loss! In fact, IIRC the famous Yamaha studio monitors were rolled off in the highs to compensate for this very possibility...

We used tissue paper over the tweeters!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing