This Is A Sobering Watch

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I must have too much time on my hands :).

I was watching cable news coverage yesterday of the Dr. Conrad Murray trial (this is worthy of a whole different thread) when a commercial briefly came on which gave a website and said viewer discretion is required. I thought this somewhat odd and out of curiosity clicked on the website.

If you have 45-60 minutes to watch this, it is a sobering commentary on the global economy but more specifically the state of the US dollar globally and what is changing. Unbeknownst to me, the last 10 minutes or so blossoms into an infomercial for investing and using this man's company.

Initially when I listened to the whole thing I almost thought that the lecture was given by our member RogerD who has frequently commented here about the state of the US dollar and the need for a new global currency.

This is a very polished commentary which ends by hawking this guy's news letter however the bulk of the video on global economy is what I found very interesting.

This guy does make sense however by so doing he creates an Armageddon atmosphere

So if you have an hour to spare, IMO this was worth watching

Now where is RogerD?

www.endofamerica20.com

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I must have too much time on my hands :).

I was watching cable news coverage yesterday of the Dr. Conrad Murray trial (this is worthy of a whole different thread) when a commercial briefly came on which gave a website and said viewer discretion is required. I thought this somewhat odd and out of curiosity clicked on the website.

If you have 45-60 minutes to watch this, it is a sobering commentary on the global economy but more specifically the state of the US dollar globally and what is changing. Unbeknownst to me, the last 10 minutes or so blossoms into an infomercial for investing and using this man's company.

Initially when I listened to the whole thing I almost thought that the lecture was given by our member RogerD who has frequently commented here about the state of the US dollar and the need for a new global currency.

This is a very polished commentary which ends by hawking this guy's news letter however the bulk of the video on global economy is what I found very interesting.

This guy does make sense however by so doing he creates an Armageddon atmosphere

So if you have an hour to spare, IMO this was worth watching

Now where is RogerD?

www.endofamerica20.com

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the heads up. It's football Sunday and my Niner's play in 15 minutes,so I only listened to a couple minutes,I will review this entirely later this afternoon for you and comment.

His view is shared by many,that apocalyptic view. I share his concern but unless we enter into a fast Weimar type of hyper-inflation I don't think that is the path we will follow as a nation. Our leaders have taken the path of least resistance,but those at the top know that is not a option. We will experience a 8.0 financial eartquake,but there are historical precedents for what is happening now.

See this article on Greece in the NY times,people will do what is needed to do in order to keep some semblance of order.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/02/world/europe/in-greece-barter-networks-surge.html?_r=2&hp

I have faith after all this is America and the 21st century.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Karl Denninger has a pretty good take on this mess. He like I am not in the hyper-inflation camp. We are in the deflationary bias outlook,considering the public,private,corporate debt structure. If things blow up they will probably do so because of Europe. Japan has been in deflation since the early 1990's and they have muddled through because of the public savings rate. America has no savings to mitigate such a situation.

The stock market looks to have completed a top here. If the market breaks 10k that would be a good signal that deflation will probably take hold. Watch commodities and gold, the oil price will be a very good indicator,breaking 65 would be a deflationary sign. I would be extremely liquid here and capital preservation is the main concern,risk is off which is a reversal of the trend of the last 3 years.

I would hate to think that our leaders aren't smart enough to do the right thing. Denninger talks about the derivative market,this must be dealt with immediately. The gov must increase revenue and cut military spending, the nation must scale back,nothing drastic but put in place measures that will spur growth long term.

We must also put in place a system of commercial regional banks to extend credit. The money center banks are for all intent insolvent. I do not know how the FDIC will be dealt with on this scale,but I know there must be a solution.

I will listen to the rest of your link tomorrow.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=195324

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing