The Lincoln Lawyer

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

This movie came and went quickly through the theaters and has been available for the past few weeks for rent/purchase.

I watched this last evening and found it to be a darn good thriller where Matthew McConaughey plays a criminal defense attorney who works out of his Lincoln Continental in Los Angeles and is hired to represent a very wealthy young man (played by Ryan Philippe) who is accused of raping and brutalizing a prostitute. Without giving anything away the story has many twists with just retribution at the end. The story IMO could have ended in three different places but the overall end of the film tied everything together and is worth the 2 hours of viewing time. It was thoroughly entertaining

Mark (Basspig) Weiss

Aug 3, 2010
New Milford, CT
www.basspig.com
Excellent story. Really twists things around and has you wondering what the heck is happening to justice. Sometimes looks and money can deceive!
My only gripe was the year and model of Lincoln he drove. If they'd made it a 1976 Lincoln Town Car with opera windows and half landau roof, I would have liked it even better. :)

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I can't really pinpoint why, but I've always kinda liked MatthewMcConaughey! I thought he was wonderful in "A Time To Kill".

Steve Williams

Completely agree John. I have seen all of his films and in this one he looked aging but the sort of "lady's man look"

I was totally into this film. I have seen it at the book stores and having seen the film I would bet the book would be a very good read

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'm going to pick this up for sure then! Maybe it'll make me forget some of the dogs I've seen recently. LOL!

Mark (Basspig) Weiss

Aug 3, 2010
New Milford, CT
www.basspig.com
My favorite is the Lincoln convertible with both doors opening at the middle of the car driven by Vinnie in Entourage

I used to have a 1961 Lincoln Continental with the 'suicide doors'. That car was a tank. Smoothest ride ever. Handling was amazing for a car of it's size and weight. Bur for looks, my fav was the 76-77 model years.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Grabbed it from Redbook last night. Loved it. Although Hollywood took some poetic license, surprisingly realistic.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Grabbed it from Redbook last night. Loved it. Although Hollywood took some poetic license, surprisingly realistic.

Was this based on real events, or were you just commenting on proper protocol/procedure?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Bruce:I never saw a case with all that but I could take some vignettes, add a lot of Hollywood gloss and have most of that movie.

For example you can't let a client sit in jail while you wait for your money.

He should have withdrawn the moment he saw a conflict of interest.

There were some colorful lawyers in my day. One of my favorites was Wild Bill Thompson. He defended the farmers who blocked up the streets in DC. God rest his soul. He got disbarred. Most of them(us?) get into trouble.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
But Greg

Isn't it true that the universal sign to a judge to delay the trial is that he "is waiting for Mr Green" or is that just urban myth

I am ashamed to say that I actually saw that happen on more than one occasion. The more polite phrase was the client has not complied with rule 1. Again the client had better be at liberty.

Steve Williams

so it isn't urban myth and well understood by judges.

Gosh Greg can you imagine all of the lawyers who would be knocking on my door if I refused to treat a patient because Mr Green hadn't shown up. My guess would be that all of the lawyers waiting for Mr Green would come after me. Good to see how the standard of care differs between law and medicine

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
so it isn't urban myth and well understood by judges.

Gosh Greg can you imagine all of the lawyers who would be knocking on my door if I refused to treat a patient because Mr Green hadn't shown up. My guess would be that all of the lawyers waiting for Mr Green would come after me. Good to see how the standard of care differs between law and medicine

The legal profession has a proud and rich pro bono tradition.:p

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing