Not open for further replies.

Duke LeJeune

[Industry Expert]/Member Sponsor
Jul 22, 2013
Princeton, Texas
thanks Duke.:)

I hope to see you at Newport.

Thanks, Mike!

Sorry this reply is so slow, but part of that is Newport... I've been burning the candle at both ends to get a pair of speakers ready for their debut in room 920 (Electra-Fidelity). Unfortunately I won't be there... will you be at Rocky Mountain?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I think I made most of the points I wanted to make on page 1 of this thread. Now were stuck in the never-ending loop of people who want to claim they listen to specifications and not music.

And ignore everything in John Curl's brain dump. Oh well, ignorance is bliss.

jkeny

Industry Expert, Member Sponsor
Feb 9, 2012
Ireland
Micro, I never said perfect. However, an amplifier playing music, that nulls that music on a speaker load to a level of 90 db, will be perfect as far as our ears are concerned as long as it does not play above 90db and that's the way it is. Are not modern amps able to do this?

I am sorry..I have no clue what this means: And you definition of preference is unacceptable by sound reproduction standards. You are still at the individual punctual preference phase, something that was overpast long ago

So let's have a look at this statement a bit closer - your notion that any two devices which return a -90dB null will be audibly identical. But first let me ask am I rephrasing your post correctly?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
So let's have a look at this statement a bit closer - your notion that any two devices which return a -90dB null will be audibly identical. But first let me ask am I rephrasing your post correctly?

There are certain people on this forum that even when you cut and past their exact words swear you are putting words in their mouth so tread carefully.

jkeny

Industry Expert, Member Sponsor
Feb 9, 2012
Ireland
There are certain people on this forum that even when you cut and past their exact words swear you are putting words in their mouth so tread carefully.

Sure, I just wanted to avoid expending energy on a post that elicited the reply "you missrepresent what I said"

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Sure, I just wanted to avoid expending energy on a post that elicited the reply "you missrepresent what I said"

Circular arguments always expend lots of energy for zero gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing