The Avengers

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Upon the prodding of my teen son, I brought the whole family to watch The Avengers a few days ago. I had my reservations at first because I thought the 5 superheroes would easily overpower 1 villian. Boy was I wrong! Lots of action and the high tech weaponry and armory are just fantastic to the eyes. Effects were super too. I like Iron Man 2, but found Thor to be average, but this one was the best so far to me in the Marvel series. Very entertaining, and a bunch of girls in front of us were literally LOL at the short one liners each superhero would utter. :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Great banter between characters. Action was likewise extremely well choreographed. Did you catch the "Transformers" sound in one of the scenes Phil? Cute inside joke. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Great banter between characters. Action was likewise extremely well choreographed. Did you catch the "Transformers" sound in one of the scenes Phil? Cute inside joke. :D

Missed the Transformers reference, Jack. Must be been too dazed at the action. :D So many jokes and I always enjoy the crowd reaction to the jokes. :) The 'assembly' of Iron Man's armor in mid-air was fantastic!

I note too that Scarlett's outfit was a bit conservative. She could have donned the same stuff as Paula Patton in MI4. :)

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
thoroughly enjoyed this movie, and probably one of the most action packed i'd seen. I love the Incredible Hulk - Loki scene...

but now I am confused, who got the #1 new Acura NSX? Jerry Seinfeld, Jay Leno or Tony Stark?

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I liked it as well even discounting the fact thae Jessica Alba's performance was below standards IMO.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Jessica Alba? You must mean Scarlett Johansson. I thought she played her character rather well. Jessica Alba is in the Fantastic Four cast.

I always wondered why they got Chris Evans to play Captain America when he already played Human Torch in FF.

I can't wait for DC's answer in the form of the Dark Knight finale.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Jessica Alba? You must mean Scarlett Johansson. I thought she played her character rather well. Jessica Alba is in the Fantastic Four cast.

I always wondered why they got Chris Evans to play Captain America when he already played Human Torch in FF.

I can't wait for DC's answer in the form of the Dark Knight finale.

Correct! I got confused! It was too early down here... :)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Correct! I got confused! It was too early down here... :)

Nothing wrong with mistaking a hottie with another hottie :D

Bob,

Isn't the Green Lantern married to the Black Widow? LOL.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I would wish Scarlett would play Mystique in the X-Men series. I wouldn't mind analyzing her through those dark scales. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing