Speaker lag issue

ibanja

Sep 28, 2022
I have to host a small conference where recorded material is played.

I am using mp3 files on my computer and then sending the audio through a headphone amplifier with two outputs. One to a speaker and one to a headphone set. The problem is I need the headphone for someone who is hearing impaired. However, the speaker lags the audio in the headphones. Is there any way to synchronize the two? I need to keep the whole setup small because I travel with it. The audience is very small--under 6 people.

Equipment:
I am using Linux with jack.
Fosi Audio PH04 amplifier
OR I also have a Behringer HA400 amplifier I could use
Anker Soundcore A3102 speaker
whatever headset is worn by the hearing impaired listener

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
I have to host a small conference where recorded material is played.

I am using mp3 files on my computer and then sending the audio through a headphone amplifier with two outputs. One to a speaker and one to a headphone set. The problem is I need the headphone for someone who is hearing impaired. However, the speaker lags the audio in the headphones. Is there any way to synchronize the two? I need to keep the whole setup small because I travel with it. The audience is very small--under 6 people.

Equipment:
I am using Linux with jack.
Fosi Audio PH04 amplifier
OR I also have a Behringer HA400 amplifier I could use
Anker Soundcore A3102 speaker
whatever headset is worn by the hearing impaired listener
The speaker's DSP module might cause the delay. There is nothing you can do about it, besides choosing another speaker with smaller delay.

ibanja

Sep 28, 2022
The speaker's DSP module might cause the delay. There is nothing you can do about it, besides choosing another speaker with smaller delay.
OK, Thanks. I was afraid that was going to be the answer. Although, I have found a thing called a lip sync corrector, but all the ones I have seen have incremental adjustments. It would be better if the adjustment was infinite.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
OK, Thanks. I was afraid that was going to be the answer. Although, I have found a thing called a lip sync corrector, but all the ones I have seen have incremental adjustments. It would be better if the adjustment was infinite.
Lip sync won't help because you use both devices from one analogue output. It would affect both headphone and speaker the same, while the difference is between them.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing