Space X

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I watched the blast off as well as cockpit videos from the dragon and the docking in the past hour

This is like letting "Hertz put you in the driver's seat"

The videos were spectacular including the safe landing of the booster rocket landing on the drone at sea

Go Elon Musk

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I watched the take off as well , everything went as planned , nice to see the modern touchscreens and astronaut outfits
Must be spectacular to watch live , espcially the spaceshuttle take off back then , because it needed an even bigger rocket afaik.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I watched the take off as well , everything went as planned , nice to see the modern touchscreens and astronaut outfits
Must be spectacular to watch live , espcially the spaceshuttle take off back then , because it needed an even bigger rocket afaik.

Even with only 2 of them rather than 3 astronauts as in the past, they still looked like they were shoved into a sardine can. And yes comparing the instrument panel now to years of old, this is truly 21st century space travel

And how do they survive pulling over 6 G's of force. Their brains must have been squeezed out of their ear canals

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
It must be an awesome expirience .
250 K gets you in suborbital orbit for a few minutes (weightless) virgin galactic
50 miles above the earth .

Jeff bezos goes above the karman line with his space ship 100 kilometers above the earth surface , also for 250 k .

Did you see the booster rocket land dead center on the sea drone
No not yet i ll look it up .
I did see a booster land perfectly on a previous launch though its indeed very nice.

Last edited:

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland

Amazing .
How do they keep this thing standing up right on those rough seas .
Very low center of gravity of the booster?
Some locking mechanism?

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com
Really good to see USA return to space in partnership with SpaceX and likely other innovative private businesses. SpaceX has shown their brilliance and todate has bested behemoths like Boeing. The launch and return of the first stage was awesome.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing