Sound Samples for research in Musicology of Sound Production

Schallfeldwebel

Nov 12, 2015
To all who are interested in classical music, sound and recording. I am writing a paper for my musicology study, and need to collect data for evaluating my research questions. If you click on the link you can down load 8 pairs of sound samples, and I want to know from you which of each pair sounds to your opinion the best. Use the sound equipment you are used to, speakers, headphones, you may decide. Don't use equipment you do not know well, and do not change the volume in between the A and B sample. If you cannot hear a difference, write AB as answer.

This is the link: http://we.tl/nRqJmihcVz

The answers you can PM to me. If you like you can comment your choices. Thank You very much !

Erik Sikkema
Sweden

NB. It is interesting for me to know what kind of listener you are, audiophile or general music listener, (prof) musician, recording-engineer/producer and what kind of equipment you used.

Last edited:

Schallfeldwebel

Nov 12, 2015
To all who are interested in classical music, sound and recording. I am writing a paper for my musicology study, and need to collect data for evaluating my research questions. If you click on the link you can down load 8 pairs of sound samples, and I want to know from you which of each pair sounds to your opinion the best. Use the sound equipment you are used to, speakers, headphones, you may decide. Don't use equipment you do not know well, and do not change the volume in between the A and B sample. If you cannot hear a difference, write AB as answer.

This is the link: http://we.tl/nRqJmihcVz

The answers you can PM to me. If you like you can comment your choices. Thank You very much !

Erik Sikkema
Sweden

NB. It is interesting for me to know what kind of listener you are, audiophile or general music listener, (prof) musician, recording-engineer/producer and what kind of equipment you used.

The total amount of music time is about 20 minutes, but if you zap through the samples you could do the test in 5 to 10 minutes. It is not difficult, anyone can do it, it's not about testing your equipment or your ears. I do not tell you more now, since the test should be taken unbiased. You can send your answers by PM on this forum. Later I will tell you what is what. esp. for the people at the R2R forum this is a funny survey. Thank You in advance, Erik.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing