Schroder lT installed, pics a few comments...

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Hi Arnie, I went with the silver wire option. It is incredibly thin gauge wire. It must have been a real pain for Steve to wire, but it sounds great.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. :) That wire was awfully thin.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
This arm is amazing! It's so much more transparent to the source. Makes me want to listen to my whole vinyl collection again to hear how it sounds through this arm.

Congrats Sean! Hope I can hear someday. Enjoy!

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
This arm is amazing! It's so much more transparent to the source. Makes me want to listen to my whole vinyl collection again to hear how it sounds through this arm.

Congratulations Sean. Looks great. Sounded pretty good at RMAF. I drafted a little bit about it's design/feature set in my write-up for TAS. I'm sure you are enjoying the arm.

Question: Did you select the color of the stain for the Headshell? looks good...

Dre

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
Congratulations Sean. Looks great. Sounded pretty good at RMAF. I drafted a little bit about it's design/feature set in my write-up for TAS. I'm sure you are enjoying the arm.

Question: Did you select the color of the stain for the Headshell? looks good...

Dre

Hi Dre, Yes I did. It does stand out a bit more but I like it. I have my Colibri XGP on it now. I'm trying out a new phono stage, and it is quiet enough to work with my super low output Colibri. Sounding wonderful. Spinning Sphere Flight Path now.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
what phono stage?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Lehmann Silver Cube.

Yes, that sounded very nice in Jeff Catalano's room at CES (on top of the SC PLC in this pic ;) ). IIRC, it's the first upscale phono from Lehman?

DSC_0077.jpg

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
Hi Dre, Yes I did. It does stand out a bit more but I like it. I have my Colibri XGP on it now. I'm trying out a new phono stage, and it is quiet enough to work with my super low output Colibri. Sounding wonderful. Spinning Sphere Flight Path now.

I like the look of the stain. BTW: what wood did you select? snakewood or/and grenadill

Flight Path sounds good with the low output Colibri XGP. That cartridge traces very well. Surprisingly so if you know how to get the most out of it. I just pulled it a few days ago to put the Goldfinger Statement back on the table on for a spin.

Dre

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
I like the look of the stain. BTW: what wood did you select? snakewood or/and grenadill

Flight Path sounds good with the low output Colibri XGP. That cartridge traces very well. Surprisingly so if you know how to get the most out of it. I just pulled it a few days ago to put the Goldfinger Statement back on the table on for a spin.

Dre

I went with Grenadill. Snakewood is nice looking though.

The Colibri has traced very well on everything I've played so far. Getting some very fine detail and textures out of it. Quite addicting. I think I will stick with it for awhile.

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
I went with Grenadill. Snakewood is nice looking though.

The Colibri has traced very well on everything I've played so far. Getting some very fine detail and textures out of it. Quite addicting. I think I will stick with it for awhile.
Sean,

How are you doing with the new front-end of Colibri/LT/new phono? Still using this combination or have you switched it up a bit?

Dre

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
Sean,

How are you doing with the new front-end of Colibri/LT/new phono? Still using this combination or have you switched it up a bit?

Dre

Hi Dre,

I am still digging the Colibri/LehmannSC/LT combo. Much faster and has more detail than my AT150ANV. Really shines on Jazz. After I swapped out the loading resistors with Z-foil Vishays it's at another level of goodness.:D

Thinking about getting another MC cart after I sell some things. Have you heard the Lyra Kleos SL? I've heard good things about it. It's in the right price range for me.

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
Hi Dre,

I am still digging the Colibri/LehmannSC/LT combo. Much faster and has more detail than my AT150ANV. Really shines on Jazz. After I swapped out the loading resistors with Z-foil Vishays it's at another level of goodness.:D

Thinking about getting another MC cart after I sell some things. Have you heard the Lyra Kleos SL? I've heard good things about it. It's in the right price range for me.

Sean, thanks for your update.

I don't have any firsthand experience with the SL version of Kleos. Show conditions and short visits aren't enough for me to judge it's performance vs. others in the company's lineup.

BTW: Where is that picture of the LT with a Colibri on it?

Dre

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I would love to try this arm sometime. It does not appear to have a on the fly VTA lifter ? If that is the case, it is a non starter for me.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I would love to try this arm sometime. It does not appear to have a on the fly VTA lifter ? If that is the case, it is a non starter for me.

It does not. I thought the same...as I used on the fly vta religiously with my Tri Planar. I don't miss this feature on this arm. It's so much better than what I had...even if vta is off...this smokes my previous arm with vta spot on...for various record thicknesses...

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
Sean, thanks for your update.

I don't have any firsthand experience with the SL version of Kleos. Show conditions and short visits aren't enough for me to judge it's performance vs. others in the company's lineup.

BTW: Where is that picture of the LT with a Colibri on it?

Dre

I'll take one after I finish working on the new arm board. We were not able to have the arm perpendicular to the front of the TT, when at rest with the first one I made. So I'm making a new one with some different material that Steve sent me.

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area

It would be a nice feature to have. It does have marks on the post so you can keep track of your adjustments at least. I've had on the fly VTA but I did not use it for every record, so it's not that big of a deal to me.

I remember Steve saying they might develope an adjustable base for it in the future.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
It would be a nice feature to have. It does have marks on the post so you can keep track of your adjustments at least. I've had on the fly VTA but I did not use it for every record, so it's not that big of a deal to me.

I remember Steve saying they might develope an adjustable base for it in the future.

I play anything from standard thickness, 180 or 200 gram in any one sitting. I can hear the difference if I use 200 gram setting on 180 and vice versa. Having to use a lock screw is just too impractical, thus you need to really pick one that is an average and a compromise somewhat. Not ideal.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing