Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
You'll be in great shape here for this arm. I only heard the wood wand in my system, the magnesium wasn't available at that point. I heard no deficiencies in leading edge or dynamics that you might improve upon with a metal wand. In the end here, may depend on your cartridge. A wood arm will likely absorb resonance better (which a lyra might like and the combo i used). I will say my Allearts MC2 Finish and the LT was a special combination. I did not have the goldfinger statement at that point in time...Good luck Ron !

Thank you!

Do you have any experience or know of any hearsay about the merits of the alternative wood armwands -- Grenadilla (mpingo), Jacaranda or Ebony?

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Thank you!

Do you have any experience or know of any hearsay about the merits of the alternative wood armwands -- Grenadilla (mpingo), Jacaranda or Ebony?

Hi Ron, I can't help here...

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
Hi Ron,

I have no experience with Opus 1 or Goldfinger on the the Schroder LT, but can highly recommend the vDH Crimson Stradavarius. I've had the Crimson for 3 months now and love it. Best cartridge I've had in my system.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Ron,

I have no experience with Opus 1 or Goldfinger on the the Schroder LT, but can highly recommend the vDH Crimson Stradavarius. I've had the Crimson for 3 months now and love it. Best cartridge I've had in my system.

Sean, do you know the difference between the crimson and the master Sig? Also, what do you load it at on your Allnic?

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
Sean, do you know the difference between the crimson and the master Sig? Also, what do you load it at on your Allnic?

The Master Sig is a version of the Colibri I believe. Have not heard that version of the Colibri yet. I had a old XGP Colibri that I traded in for the Crimson. I liked the Colibri but the records had to be perfect to enjoy it. The Crimson sounds great on everything. It's not quite as fast, but is a much more musically balanced cart.

Sold the Allnic awhile back. Using a modified Lehmann Silver Cube Reference now. Loading at 1k.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The Master Sig is a version of the Colibri I believe. Have not heard that version of the Colibri yet. I had a old XGP Colibri that I traded in for the Crimson. I liked the Colibri but the records had to be perfect to enjoy it. The Crimson sounds great on everything. It's not quite as fast, but is a much more musically balanced cart.

Sold the Allnic awhile back. Using a modified Lehmann Silver Cube Reference now. Loading at 1k.

The Lehman is better? What are the differences?

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you jfrech, audioarcher.

ferrari275

Jan 18, 2018
United States
Schroeder LT, love the simplicity and elegance of design. My only concern after speaking with owners is hearsay of very fussy setup and fragility. Also, seems rather on the pricey side, especially after seeing one in person. If I were to take the leap, my gut feeling would be to definitely stick with the wood arm version.

bonzo75

"Anamighty sound also do Schroeder LT installs in the EU, and know Frank well. They use Allaerts, and various other carts, many which they themselves retip as they are leading retipper. So no airtight users in this group, but the arm seems pretty flexible and pretty sure Steve or Anamighty or Robin would have some experience."

Btw, heard some good things about the Anamighty Sound Denon 103 interpretations.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Schroeder LT, love the simplicity and elegance of design. My only concern after speaking with owners is hearsay of very fussy setup and fragility. Also, seems rather on the pricey side, especially after seeing one in person. If I were to take the leap, my gut feeling would be to definitely stick with the wood arm version.

bonzo75

"Anamighty sound also do Schroeder LT installs in the EU, and know Frank well. They use Allaerts, and various other carts, many which they themselves retip as they are leading retipper. So no airtight users in this group, but the arm seems pretty flexible and pretty sure Steve or Anamighty or Robin would have some experience."

Btw, heard some good things about the Anamighty Sound Denon 103 interpretations.

Yes their own carts modded on the 103 is one of my favorite carts... Very neutral, dynamic, fast, detailed, musical... But it is very low output and tough impedance and works best with their own phono, or maybe another current phono like CH.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing