London
For the kitchen, I would like a roon endpoint that

a) sounds ok
b) connects via wifi
c) spdif output
d) hazzle free
e) price reasonable
f) small box

I have an auralic aries g1 that sort of does a-d) but not e-f).
Ive tried various raspberry pi's but they never really impress in the d) department.

Any ideas?

Jesper

For the kitchen, I would like a roon endpoint that

a) sounds ok
b) connects via wifi
c) spdif output
d) hazzle free
e) price reasonable
f) small box

I have an auralic aries g1 that sort of does a-d) but not e-f).
Ive tried various raspberry pi's but they never really impress in the d) department.

Any ideas?

Jesper
Do you know ropieee?
Works wonderfully for me

Yep been there. Didnt work. Ropieee boss told me there was something wrong with my internet ... ip address huha ping something ...

Jesper

Hifiberry amp2 rpi 4 bundle did it.

Its a streamer, dac, and 60w amp in a single package the size of a roon teady tin of sardines with remote control.

I use the built-in dsp to give the goodman maxims the slight bass lift they need and were designed for. Btw the alnico maxims have a character thats surprisingly close to the vintage tannoys that i love.

Jesper

Reactions: christoph
Hifiberry amp2 rpi 4 bundle did it.

Its a streamer, dac, and 60w amp in a single package the size of a roon teady tin of sardines with remote control.

I use the built-in dsp to give the goodman maxims the slight bass lift they need and were designed for. Btw the alnico maxims have a character thats surprisingly close to the vintage tannoys that i love.

Jesper

Glad to hear you found a solution.
Thanks for letting us know :cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing