Rockport Avior vs Atria

Ricky64

Apr 17, 2021
Hi;
I would be curious of folks’ impressions of the voicing differences between these two models. I’m especially interested in a comparison of their midranges.
Thanks!

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I've heard these both several times at my dealer. Although not side by side and I wasn't critically listening, it's just what he had hooked up for various demos for other clients. Part of how they sound will also depend on your room. If it's smaller, the Atria maybe better in some respects. The Avior is slightly more efficient, so this may help with your amp.

The midrange, it's a Rockport after all, will be similar. The bass, mid bass is likely better on the Avior, again this can be room dependent, one can be to much (or to little).

You won't go wrong either way, and I do think your room is really the determine factor about which is better.

You won't find a better speaker at either price point. Well set up, these are special speakers.

Good luck

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing