Retail of 400's and 300?

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Can anyone help here with the retail prices of these amps?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

scouter

Member Sponsor
Oct 30, 2012
Wrightsville Beach, NC
I could be wrong
Don't go doubting yourself on my part. I had heard 15k being knocked around, and figured it was about right as an evolution go the 260. I've not heard THAT from a dealer. Spectral could be keeping the 200 and 260, and bringing the 300 in as it's king stereo amp. Anyone have the definitive word, or has Spectral even decided?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Based on what I have read from owners of Spectral gear on this forum, it seems Spectral has some reliability issues that gives me pause.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Based on what I have read from owners of Spectral gear on this forum, it seems Spectral has some reliability issues that gives me pause.

Plus the fact you need to buy all new cables.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Don't go doubting yourself on my part. I had heard 15k being knocked around, and figured it was about right as an evolution go the 260. I've not heard THAT from a dealer. Spectral could be keeping the 200 and 260, and bringing the 300 in as it's king stereo amp. Anyone have the definitive word, or has Spectral even decided?

I heard 15k also at some point, but latest dealer info is 15-20 range.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Still an added expense and not cheap. You don't need to do that with any other gear.

True. But think of it like this. As it is, demand for this gear outstrips supply. If they actually made it easy to use it, it would be near impossible to get your hands on it.

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
True. But think of it like this. As it is, demand for this gear outstrips supply. If they actually made it easy to use it, it would be near impossible to get your hands on it.

You can also look at it this way: Specral and MIT (Spectral cables) are a package deal, delivering the real deal ;-) :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing