Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Zen One (1).jpg

Reactions: Tim Link

Final

Dec 12, 2013
This is an interesting response curve, fairly flat with a slope starting at around 2.5K. What kind of speakers are these? Are you on-axis?

The speakers are Respons Grand from Respons Audio In Sweden. An old sealed box version, been with me for ages. Measurement taken from listening position on axis some 12 feet from each speaker.

Tim Link

Feb 12, 2019
The speakers are Respons Grand from Respons Audio In Sweden. An old sealed box version, been with me for ages. Measurement taken from listening position on axis some 12 feet from each speaker.
I think I heard some Respons speakers in a CD store way, way back when there used to be CD stores everywhere. I didn't get a long listen and they weren't in an ideal environment but I liked what I heard, and I loved the pyramid look. I've been wondering what those were.

Reactions: Final

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Did you post this because it's got a similar roll off above 2.5K to Final's in-room measurement?
I posted it because I am jealous. You can't get an in-room response on a headphone.

Tim Link

Feb 12, 2019
I posted it because I am jealous. You can't get an in-room response on a headphone.
Sorry to be so dense, but what exactly are you jealous of?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
no . I am 100% headphone. It;s a long story.

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
I know I’m late to the party here (I normally use REW), but will the listed app read a UMIK-1 calibration file?

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
For the above, anybody?

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
Sorry, I was not clear. I do use REW with my UMIK-1, with its cal file. I was wondering if the app mentioned at the start of this thread (the Onyx Spectrum Analyzer RTA) can accept a UMIK cal file.

Last edited:

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
Sorry, I was not clear. I do use REW with my UMIK-1, with its cal file. I was wondering if the app mentioned at the start of this thread (the Onyx Spectrum Analyzer RTA) can accept a UMIK cal file.

Oh. Well according to the description on their website, they recommend a calibrated microphone so there is probably a way to load calibration. Can't seem to find a manual for that app.

Why do you want to use that app anyway? REW is free, and it is a de facto industry standard. That app costs $20 and I can't see anything it does that REW doesn't, except run on an iPad. Not to mention you have to spend more money on dongles to connect your UMIK-1 to the iPad. And there is no manual that I could find with a Google search. If you don't own a calibrated mic and you want to use the iPad's mic then fair enough, you could make a case for buying this app. But I regard any measurement taken with an uncalibrated mic to be for fun only, certainly not something you should be using to tune your system.

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
Why do you want to use that app anyway?
Because, one of the things I can do with and IPad and a UMIK, over my much heavier and bulkier laptop and a UMIK, is walk around the listening space checking for peaks and nulls in the bass region.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Man this is a cool forum. You guys rule.

Can't believe I've never gotten involved on this site before.

I'ma load this app and do it.

Welcome to WBF, Halydean!

And thank you for the kind words!

PS: I love Magnepan 30.7s!

Ampexed

May 2, 2023
Here's the response in my 20' x 30' room. Details about the system and room are in my profile link below.

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:

Brucemck2

Member Sponsor
May 10, 2010
Houston area
At listening position with no DSP (correction filters) and no subwoofers, at 1/6th resolution as measured by Trinnov mic. (Dips from mid 100s to mid 200s are much narrower (and deeper) at higher resolutions.)

1687610187946.jpeg

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing