Please watch it completely..This is a Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
As a rule European, French in particular are much less puritan than American This is even for the French extreme yet there is NO Way this can be taken as indecent .. ;)
Watch it

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I know many American sites from where this short video would simply be condemned, deleted,
deemed offensive, and possibly with a warning or even a permanent ban!

For me, as a French Canadian, it is totally appropriate, as my mind is pure. :b
...And at the end of the 'journey', I was proven to be right.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
I find it daring but any offense that a person would take would come from the person's very own mind ... A case of expectations bias ;)

terryj

Jul 4, 2010
bathurst NSW
I find it daring but any offense that a person would take would come from the person's very own mind ... A case of expectations bias ;)

you mean it was an unintended 'side effect' that the producers did not forsee?

I find it offensive. Not for the reasons you might think, but societys constant pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Very broad minded about sex, this is just base.

Makes it appropriate to an audio forum tho! (bass)

mep

Apr 20, 2010
You found it offensive?? Really? Where's Bill Clinton when you need him?

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
I usually stay away from this kind things .. i however wanted to test the reaction to it as a woman friend of mine said , the offense is constructed, not implicit. We make of it something because of prior knowledge ... In itself it attacks no one ... If the mods deem this inappropriate by all means lock it, erase it, or whatever but some of the reactions I have seen from this from some of my friends are most interesting .

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I thought it was funny. I enjoyed it. It put a smile on my face for obvious reasons. I don’t have any religious or political soap boxes that I feel compelled to stand on and profess my outrage. I happen to be an adult male who thought it was funny.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Frantz, I think we should not post things of this nature. You never know when someone tries to view the forum at work and the boss only sees the first part.

My test of such things is whether you would show it to your mother. Would you? I know I would not.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My Mom would find this funny and she almost became a Nun. LOL.

I'm with Terry though. It isn't the sexual content per se, but it is a cheap shot. Not as cheap as bikinis at a car wash but close.

Besides, I cry false advertising! No shoe store has sales ladies that hot!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Can you imagine what the world would be like one hundred years from now?

The entire Internet will be full of things that today we think are pretty daring ...

* Man, this world we live in, with all the cell phones with cameras; books that were burned ....

This site was created mainly by Amir and Steve; it is their decision, and I stand by.

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I remember when Three's Company and Soap was considered risque.

terryj

Jul 4, 2010
bathurst NSW
You found it offensive?? Really? Where's Bill Clinton when you need him?

Sure. In the way I expressed it.

I mean, it was not even 'on topic'. If you were a car hot rod shop, then there *might* be a case whereby you could extend it to a 'head job'. Then the allusion could be applicable. "get your next head job at Bob the Car Expert'.

But it's not. Let's just pitch any old add with a sexual innuendo.

Wow, how new and how innovative.

Humdrum, the sort of thing a snikering 18 year old with raging pheromones might find titillating and 'clever'.

I find it old hat. Sure, it could say more about me than the ad!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing