Please help me decide- 507uxII or 507Z or 509X?

wilkie366

Dec 28, 2023
Singapore
Hello

I have just procured a Dynaudio Contour 30i and am trying to decide between the 507uxII, 507Z and the 509X.
- I can get the 507uxII at a substantial discount.
- is there a significant difference between the uxII and the Z?
- is there a significant difference between the 507Z and the 509X? I can get either of these at approximately the same price.
- finally, how would the Luxman sound pair with the Dynaudios? The local dealer is out of stock with these units, so I can’t audition. My music tastes run to rock, jazz and classical. I have a medium sized living room and I usually don’t listen to music at loud volumes.

Your help is much appreciated!
Bob

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Hi Bob,

Contact Music Direct if you want new / full warranty. Great e company with very knowlegable staff. They have all the Lux units and a 30 or 60 day money back return policy. So you can compare different models and prices.

You will however pay list price but, if this is a long term commitment, worth it in my opinion. I am a big Lux fan. Great bang for the buck, built to last and holds resale value.

If you are OK with used, check out Audiogon.

Gordon

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing