Pass Labs Amplifiers Versus Vitus Audio Amplifiers

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I heard this week in PeterA’s system his Pass Labs XA160.5 power amplifiers. I thought the amplifiers in Peter’s system sounded natural and dynamic and transparent and not dry or edgy or bright in any way.

Vitus Audio amplifiers reportedly also sound relatively warm and not typically solid-state. Both amplifier brands have a reputation for making solid-state amplifiers that tube amplifier aficionados often enjoy.

Has anyone compared directly Pass Labs power amplifiers to Vitus Audio power amplifiers?

Which models, exactly, did you compare directly?

What were the associated components in each system?

What were your sonic impressions of the Pass Labs amplifiers versus the Vitus Audio amplifiers?

pweg

Jun 7, 2014
Australia
Hi Ron.

Can’t comment upon pass labs. However I had vitus for about 7 years before getting my Absolare Set. Without denigrating vitus at all, I cannot understand the comments that vitus is warm and tube like. I switched from an SIA 025 to SM011 monos and the sound pushed me straight into valves. The class a integrated was sweeter. The monos were not. They were fast accurate and powerful. Ultimately the sound wore me down and valves were the answer.

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I've heard the SIA 025, SM011, and SS-103 in a familiar system - the SM011's are not up the the SIA or SS-103 IMO.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I have listened to both Vitus and Pass Labs many times but not side by side.
I think the sound of Vitus is different to Pass Labs.
Both claims they work on class A but I think there are many factors that change the sound of an amplifier like psu design, bias adjustment, transformer type and ...

I Prefer Vitus Class A amplifiers to Pass Labs Class A amplifiers

Reactions: fizzletop

Tangram

Nov 10, 2022
I have listened to both Vitus and Pass Labs many times but not side by side.
I think the sound of Vitus is different to Pass Labs.
Both claims they work on class A but I think there are many factors that change the sound of an amplifier like psu design, bias adjustment, transformer type and ...

I Prefer Vitus Class A amplifiers to Pass Labs Class A amplifiers
That’s great that you are familiar with each. Why do you prefer Vitus amps over Pass Labs?

Reactions: Scott Naylor

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I think I should listen to pass labs more and more with different speakers to have more accurate view about the sound of pass labs but I am quite familiar with the sound of Vitus .
I can describe the sound of vitus vs pass labs but I think it is not very important, what I like in the sound of vitus is the music is more engaging.
One of the best combination is Vitus Kharma , very lovely sound .

http://www.hifi.ir/category/?????-???????-reviews/page/2/

IMG_7487.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing