Organically Grown Foods Are Healthier-Fact Or Fiction

Glory

Oct 28, 2011
Destin, FL.
Age 21 or so is when our bodies stop growing. Then there is a 6/8 year window before we go down hill. Ask the pro athlete when they slow down. 18/28 will do. Do you see the window??

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
I think organically grown means "covered in bug snot, ****, castings and eggs, with snail trails and browning insect bite marks" rather than pesticides. Since there are no real standards or verifications, I think it aslo means "whatever the market will bear", or yield, as the case may be.

Kind of like Vegan meaning a "shrill and self important imposition of an appetite disorder."

In Santa Cruz, it is all part of the artisan, back to the earth life style, which tends to require a trust fund for its ultimate fulfillments, and is therefore a symptom of hypochondriasis among people who have time and money. That also tends to make it an elite status symbol.

My sister believes that she is the reincarnation of nobility and deserves an estate in Tuscany. There, she will do modest gardening. She will arise in the morning to shop for only fresh foods, eggs, cheeses, spices and newly baked bread. Returning to her villa, she will spend the day preparing meals from these items. She will end the day washing them down with expensive wines and passing out in front of an open fire with a book. Anything from a can is verboten for the sensitive digestion.

Nutrition is still rather poorly understood, and varies from person to person with genetics. Subtleties are not terribly well delineated, and most of what is actually known surround gross deficiency states. Woody Allen's "Sleeper" pretty much nailed the trends, when he goes into the future and scorned foods like bacon and eggs have suddenly become the epitome of "good nutrition."

As far as popular culture is concerned, that means just about anybody can say anything they want to assert. Most diet and nutritions are simply "faith based" fads based on a desire to not age and avoid the inevitability of deterioration, disease and death. It also means nutrition has many false centers of authority. If any science exists to back up a fad based claim, it tends to be sketchy and "inductive", in which isolated factoids are used to draw sweeping generalizations.

I would say paying attention to health and nutrition are good in broad strokes, but obsessing about particulars pretty easily become fad, fashion and fetish, they will change with the whims of the believers and gurus.

Since most people need and require religion, I would say do whatever addresses one's security operations, as long as it doesn't declare jihad on the sensibilities and practices of others and make one become a manifest pest worse than the ones crawling on the lettuce.

I would like to echo Amir's compliment for your writing style. I really enjoyed your post. I am sure I know some people like your sister :)

Glory

Oct 28, 2011
Destin, FL.
"Since most people need and require religion, I would say do whatever addresses one's security operations, "

Religion killed a good friend of mine because of His doctrine. Religion is not something people need and require.

"I would say paying attention to health and nutrition are good in broad strokes, but obsessing about particulars pretty easily become fad, fashion and fetish,they will change with the whims of the believers and gurus."

Really?? I call it self control and not a fad/fashion or fetish. I do not eat garbage and most of the American diet is just that.
Broad stokes leaves for a lot of garbage to eat.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing