On my way up: I want to be wow’d!

Jackl3y

Sep 9, 2022
I currently have an AT33PTG/II and for the money it seems like a great value. As I rack up the hours, I’m pondering my next step.

ART9 would be obvious but I’m not looking for incremental gains but rather I want to be wow’d.
I’d like to find something with low resistance (under 10ohms). That would mate well with a Technics SL1200G arm. A little laid back demeanor and great bass are a must. Price under $4kUSD, the lower the better.

Suggestions are for me to research.

currently looking at MSL Eminence EX, used Mutech Hayabusa, Phasemation.
Thank you in advance!

Mendel

Feb 13, 2012
GTA
I have the AT ART9XI, have used 2 Lyra Delos and now have the Lyra Kleos. The Kleos is a killer, easily better than the Art9 and the Delos. Resistance is 5 ohms. Bass is great although I would not call this cartridge laid back but totally neutral. Totally blown away by this cartridge……

Reactions: Jackl3y

Jackl3y

Sep 9, 2022
I have the AT ART9XI, have used 2 Lyra Delos and now have the Lyra Kleos. The Kleos is a killer, easily better than the Art9 and the Delos. Resistance is 5 ohms. Bass is great although I would not call this cartridge laid back but totally neutral. Totally blown away by this cartridge……
Not sure of your tastes but can the Kleos rock?

Mendel

Feb 13, 2012
GTA
Oh yeah! I play a ton of classic rock and reggae. Kleos rocks!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing