Official Trailer | COSMOS | FOX BROADCASTING

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
hmmm...looks kinda cool but not sure what to make of what I just watched :confused:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

R Johnson

Jul 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The trailer seems to be a glitzy content-free collection of images from the show.

The 1st episode was OK, but I'm afraid that it is unnecessarily "pushing religious buttons" in defense of science.

As one who watches mostly PBS science shows, I found the numerous commercials quite disruptive. But they gave me a chance to read up on Giordano Bruno. Wikipedia's version differs considerably from the TV show's.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
. . . .The 1st episode was OK, but I'm afraid that it is unnecessarily "pushing religious buttons" in defense of science. . . . .

I think one reason they had the cartoon animations and having Neil DeGrasse Tyson speaking in about as soft and mellow a voice as I have ever heard him, was to NOT push religious buttons in the god believers, but to allow them the possibility to consider something other than creation.

He seemed to be a completely different person than he appears in his solo lectures and and discussions with Hitchens, Dawkins, O'Reilly, among others. He was so mellow, unassuming and walking on eggshells that if I didn't recognize his voice, I wouldn't know he was the narrator without looking at the screen.

It is a start, though. Somehow, if we are to progress, we have to get past all the creationist BS and that is what this show seems to be attempting. The program certainly isn't anywhere as sophisticated as his other lectures or tv programs.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing