Official Thread to Report Bugs, Concerns or Suggestions With The New Site Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thread Order
You can view any thread by newest or oldest by clicking FILTER top right of a thread, and select oldest first etc.
Default is newest post added first. Unless selected as a sticky thread.
Apologies...i just cannot find the word FILTER anywhere on my screen? I keep looking top right in the main page, thread page, forum page...all i see is my name, inbox, alerts...and then lower down on right, i see Unwatch, Staff Online, etc...

admin1959

THE FIXER (I build websites)
Mar 27, 2010
Apologies...i just cannot find the word FILTER anywhere on my screen? I keep looking top right in the main page, thread page, forum page...all i see is my name, inbox, alerts...and then lower down on right, i see Unwatch, Staff Online, etc...
filters.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
OK...just so Admin knows what i mean, i FOUND Filter for Threads (ie, you can see which ones were posted most recently)

HOWEVER, what i am referring to is a feature from the OLD site where once INSIDE a specific thread, the most recent post was actually at the TOP of the list...and then the one underneath, was the next most recent going BACKWARDS IN TIME.

That way, if i clicked on a thread, the very first thread i saw was the most recent, and the one underneath was prior.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
What i mean is there is no Filter menu for these screens...so we cannot sort this where the top of this thread is the MOST recent post, and the one directly underneath this is one is the prior post...this was an old feature of the older website which i really enjoyed

Screenshot of no Filter.jpg Screenshot of no Filter.jpg

admin1959

THE FIXER (I build websites)
Mar 27, 2010
It is still there, the function. You are presented with the threads list with the latest reply at the top. You then click on the title of the thread and go too the START off the thread, or you click on the date text of the latest replay and get taken to the latest reply.
1.jpg 2.jpg

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you...i see what you've done. If I click on the time stamp of the most recent post, it takes me straight there. it still does NOT scroll in reverse order (the way it used to)...but that is fine. I can get used to this quite easily.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Thanks Steve. My status is restored:).

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Problem with lack of Cancel button.
Once you hit reply it stays in the cache and deleting doesn't get rid of it and it pops up whenever you go back to that thread and reply to another post.

david

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I would prefer if the Recent Activity listed only the posts, not the "likes".

earlinarizona

Jul 17, 2010
Where is my Forums that I subscribe to and where is the subscribe button on each? Is WATCH the new subscribe button or different meaning?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Where is my Forums that I subscribe to and where is the subscribe button on each? Is WATCH the new subscribe button or different meaning?

You are correct "watch" is what you want

Steve Williams

I posted the above because people are asking about a cancel button and I finally understand what you mean

If I tried to simple remove the message with the backspace key it persists

Have others found the same

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Here is the quick answer from the programmer

Hello Steve

I've posted under my name, and save out the post. Then went back and deleted the post by using the delete button. Works fine. I don’t see a problem.

If during setting up a post, the member then changes their mind, as long as they haven’t clicked post, they can just close the wondow or hit the back button on the browser.

If they post it, then they can imediately edit the text, or delete the entire post.

All good I think?

Steve Williams

Click on your name or photo and in the dropdown screen you'll see "conversations". It also allows several members into the conversation

BTW, I forgot to add that if the member is visible on the site all you do is click on his username for instant conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing