New Wadax Atlantis Line

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Hi.
I've found this company that seems very popular on Asia.
http://www.wadax.eu/
I'm interested on the server. It seems to be on the same line that SGM 2015.
I've not seen any comment about Wadax here. They were on Munich with their new line.
Any experience?

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Roy Gregory reviewed the previous version of the Wadax DAC and phonostage on The Audio Beat. He rated them extremely highly.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Looking forward to your feedback , Cheers !

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
A few days ago I had the opportunity to listen to the DAC Atlantis vs a Vitus CD and Atlantis left me shocked. IMG_6417.JPG

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
IMG_6415.JPG

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Nice preamp you have there nonesup.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain

Oh, but that's not my system
I just have a humble Audio Research Ref 5 SE.....
That is the installations of Sound Sevilla, and distributor for Spain of Magico, Vitus, Wadax, Robert Koda ...........

A few months ago, when I was looking to change my speakers (I ended up buying Rockport Atria) I heard that same configuration, but the digital source was the Vitus CD (without external DAC). Frankly the sound of the magician did not like anything, strident, cold .........
About 10 days ago Pedro (the owner) called me to listen to the Atlantis. The configuration was exactly the same, except that the Vitus CD only acted as transport. Wow !! That change, that organic sound, fantastic. I may still not be Magical my cup of tea, but now I understand that there are so many people who love them.

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
I had a look at the webpage

Pretty dazzling looking

Appears to suggest a different direction from the original Wadax, which was a digital all preamp including phono

This seems more a digital straight solution with dac,sacd player and two piece DAC

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
The Wadax Atlantis Server retails for 19K and is available now in the US according to manufacturer. If someone has the opportunity to hear one, please let us know your thoughts.

Last edited:

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Hi Marty.
As you can see, i have one on demo from one week ago.
I'll write my impressions after break in time.
Regards.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
At the end of the year, the new Arcadia DAC will be on the market. It seems about 14,000 €. The designer says that you will get 70% of what you get with Atlantis. 34CB30BA-E518-45AA-8FF0-B49A858DCCED-2108-00000F3039A4303F.jpeg

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
There will be two different range lines. Atlantis and Arcadia.
Twice with server, transport, dac, preamp, phono and mono amplifiers.
Keep your eyes and ears open because this brand is doing things like nobody else.

Last edited:

bibo01

Nov 26, 2013
Hi Marty.
As you can see, i have one on demo from one week ago.
I'll write my impressions after break in time.
Regards.

Is there any technical details on this server that would justify its price? I don't see anything on their site.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Although the page has been changed recently, it still does not offer technical information of the products. I think it's a major mistake. People willing to buy technological products of that price, want to know the technical details of them. This is something I have talked to the distributor for Spain, with whom I have friendship, indicating that it should be brought to Javier Guadalajara (designer and owner of the company). On the other hand, and although the DAC is a frankly extraordinary product, I think they have made a strategic mistake. They have eliminated the RJ45 network entry. The designer argues that with the old Pre1 (which if it had) had many problems with UPnP, in networks with various Render and file servers and also believes that USB sounds better (no comments). Of course it is not my experience with Lumin and a quality network. In any case, I think it should give the two options Networks and USB and that is the user who chooses the one that prefers, or better still, a modular system like MSB. Or even explore the Ravenna protocol

Javier_G

Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,
Thank you for your comments on our new Atlantis line. Our website was fully re-done and it came up online just a few weeks ago, right before the Munich show. We are already working to add more product specific info and description.

Regarding RJ45 network entry, we provide support for it with Atlantis. Atlantis Server has uPnP and DLNA support. And the audio data link between Atlantis Server and Atlantis DAC is USB. So if a user wants to use uPnP / DLNA to control Atlantis family, he certainly can.
All Atlantis DAC owners also have an Atlantis Server, so they can choose how to control it.

There are many manufacturers adopting a uPnP network interface for audio. As said, we also support that option. But we recommend USB for the top setups. Every designer has it own path, we respect everyone else's and this is ours. But, why choose when you can have both... choose you flavor.

Javier
Wadax

Reactions: rgmd11

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing