New TAD Evolution series C-1000 preamp

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I have seen a video recently about TAD , it seems the TAD Volume Control is very special.
I have no technical data about TAD Volume control system but rotating the C600 volume is very special feeling.

Fred Crane

Industry Expert
Apr 23, 2020
This is worth hearing. It's always interesting to me when one of the behemoth manufacturers, like TAD, Yamaha, Luxman etc. roll up their sleeves and take a swing at the highend as they perceive it...applying their manufacturing power. I'm curious to see how they directly apply their power transformer to the power supply circuit. The volume control, on a large ball bearings, should be something else to enjoy. It's single stage too. Still and all, would you have changed anything?...I can think of a thing or two, but I'm in the cheap seats and not worrying about matching this to their other gear and price points.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
Pioneer (owner of TAD) is a big company and it has lots of money so I believe TAD is different to small audio companies.
- TAD Be midrange drive is far better than all drivers in the market.
- Zero/Low feedback simple/minimal circuit design
- highest quality of audio parts
- vibration control
- 10 times bigger PSU transformer for unlimited dynamics
- minimum Noise filtering in AC supply to have dynamic sound
- very analog sounding CD Player without losing transparency
- floated ground to increase dynamica

BR549

Dec 3, 2019
This thing is just so good looking - it better sound good to live up to its looks.

Reactions: Googaliser

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
a4d14cf5-a886-4748-ba3d-3225bfef19d1.jpeg
Just arrived in Singapore show room

Stef

Jan 10, 2021
Paris / France
Just arrived in Singapore show room

Beautiful!
I've heard that, same as the C600, it's possible to link and synchronise 2 preamps (master / slave) for ultimate stereo performance with 2 mono blocks or integrate it in a high-end multichannel solution...

Reactions: Panas

octaviars

Mar 2, 2020
I've heard that, same as the C600, it's possible to link and synchronise 2 preamps (master / slave) for ultimate stereo performance with 2 mono blocks or integrate it in a high-end multichannel solution...

That will be possible, looking at the backside of the C-1000 it has two master out and one slave in.

Reactions: Stef

BR549

Dec 3, 2019
I don't follow (and apologies for not following). Would this result in two separate preamps, each running a separate monoblock? What is the intent with such a set up?

nicoludio

Apr 15, 2014
I don't follow (and apologies for not following). Would this result in two separate preamps, each running a separate monoblock? What is the intent with such a set up?
Yes, essentially monoblock preamps, presumably into monoblock power amps. This would result in a redundant channel in each monoblock preamp though.

I recall reading somewhere that TAD has used 2 x C600 as monoblock preamps at an audio show prevously.

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
I recall reading somewhere that TAD has used 2 x C600 as monoblock preamps at an audio show prevously.
Yes they used two C600 in tokyo shows and also in TAD factory showroom.

the interesting thing is TAD do not bi-amp four M700 but use two C600.
I guess the reason is removing ground loop between CD and pre.

I have asked this question from TAD and they told me the dynamics will improve by two C600.

Stef

Jan 10, 2021
Paris / France
Yes they used two C600 in tokyo shows and also in TAD factory showroom.

the interesting thing is TAD do not bi-amp four M700 but use two C600.
I guess the reason is removing ground loop between CD and pre.

I have asked this question from TAD and they told me the dynamics will improve by two C600.
My TAD dealer in China / Shanghai is sometimes using 2 x C600 controlling 2 x C700s bridged driving the R1tx. He's also only or mainly using TAD cables for this demonstration. D700 is the source
Next time he does it I will share some pictures

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com
My TAD dealer in China / Shanghai is sometimes using 2 x C600 controlling 2 x C700s bridged driving the R1tx. He's also only or mainly using TAD cables for this demonstration. D700 is the source
Next time he does it I will share some pictures
Thank you

did you notice any improvement after connecting 4 M700 ?

Stef

Jan 10, 2021
Paris / France
Thank you

did you notice any improvement after connecting 4 M700 ?
It was 2 M700S (not 4) - like that each stereo becomes 2 monos
I can't juge Amir, when he did it I was not able to do a proper listening session. According my dealer this is his "ultimate" set-up

Reactions: Panas and Amir

kimurastanley

Mar 16, 2019
Singapore
IMG_5254.jpeg
Full evolution setup in Singapore dealer show room. Lacking GE1 which is estimated to arrive end of December

Stef

Jan 10, 2021
Paris / France
View attachment 120991
Full evolution setup in Singapore dealer show room. Lacking GE1 which is estimated to arrive end of December
C1000 arrival in China / Shanghai
Beautiful sounding of the new preamp with the same speed & transparency than the C600 with a little less body in the mids. Can also be bridged with another C1000 for ultimate mono setup

Attachments

• IMG_3025.jpeg
    IMG_3025.jpeg
    533.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3026.jpeg
    IMG_3026.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15

Amir

May 3, 2021
Tehran, Iran
www.amiraudio.com

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing