New Borresen X3 Loudspeakers Review : Perfection For A Lot Less Money !

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
They are indeed a bargain at $11K. Been listening to them at our local Evolution Hifi.

• Love
Reactions: Audio_Karma

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Here's the new $22K Borresen X6's.. the X series just might be the biggest bargains on the market right now :eek:;)

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
They are indeed a bargain at $11K. Been listening to them at our local Evolution Hifi.
:cool:

Here's the Borresen X3's with the perfect matched Mark Levinson No.585 Integrated Amp ! :eek::oops::)

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
The Borresen X3's got Best Sound for the Money Award at the 2023 Munich High-End Show ! :cool:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
Someone that has heard the much higher priced Borresen speakers said these new Borresen X3's sound like $$150K or more a pair Speakers ! :oops::eek: Borresen is making the world's best sounding speakers right now at all prices

Last edited:

baocrazy78

Jan 9, 2021
Yesterday I had my first exposure to the Borresen/Aavik Brand at the Singapore Hifi show. After reading so much about the brand I was eager to listen to it. They were in 2 rooms.

In the first room, they presented the new x2 speaker with the Axxess amplifier with streamer. A gentleman spent quite a lot of time explaining to us about the advantage of their technology. I am typically not interested by these technologies talks as only the sound matters to me. But I listened quietly waiting for some music. His whole speech was in part with what I read about the brand. It is supposed to bring more of noise floor control, dynamics, frequency (he compared to SET or push pull tube amps)... When he finally started to play music, it appeared to me that he was right. Great level of transparency, very very strong and physical bass, low noise floor and extremely fast. This looks like a great association of quality but....

....to me it was non musical. Too much of everything, too revealing. I am not saying this is bad but I think this kind of system is all right for those who are listening to very good recordings and are looking for very high resolution system.

Not to say this is a bad system. It actually has an amazing set of qualities but no to my taste. I listen to a lot of Jazz/Soul/Funk records from the 50s/60s/70s that are not so well recorded and I am pretty sure they will be unlistenable with this system.

Their second room had the z1 speaker and some Aavik electronik (280 range). Same result for me. My ears could not take it. Especially in the high frequency.

One thing to note is really the bass. It has really a strong impact. The small hotel rooms of the Sofitel hotel where the event happened could not take it. So you need some space around these speakers or some good level of wall treatment.

Last edited:

Glenn1234

Oct 3, 2021
could anyone tell if the borresen x3 is a better than perlisten s7t as i cant hear them together thank you

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
The Borresen X3's are better than I thought ! The $20K X6's must be amazing !

The monotonous voice reading from a teleprompter and then…. ZzzzzZZZZZzzz

I heard these as well at a show and was impressed for that price range for sure

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Please enjoy this brief, impromptu interview with Michael Borresen:

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing