Nanny's Noodle Pudding

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Whatever your ethnic background this one will be sure to satisfy. Has been in our family for three generations

Ingredients

1/2 Lb medium or broad noodles
3/4 stick of butter
1-3oz Cream Cheese
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 cup whole milk
1 cup apricot nectar

Topping

2 cups lightly crushed corn flakes
3/4 stick butter
1/4 cup sugar

Boil and drain noodles- do not blanch noodles
Into a 2 quart oblong glass pyrex put 3/4 stick butter and put into oven to melt. Put this through the hot noodles to coat them
Cream the cheese and 1/2 cup of sugar
Beat the eggs and add to the cheese and sugar mixture. Add "slowly" to this the one cup of milk and one cup of apricot nectar.
Now put the noodles only into the pyrex
Pour the liquid mixture over the noodles. (this will be very loose)

Mix the 1/4 cup of sugar and 3/4 stick of melted butter together.
Work in the crushed cornflakes like a streusel
Sprinkle evenly over the top of the noodles

Bake for one hour at 350 degrees

Let sit to cool for 1/2 hour before cutting

It cuts easily and freezes well.

Bon Appetit

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Steve...that sounds like a casserole to die for...the combination of cheese and sugary sweetness is tempting my palette. I love recipes handed down from generation to generation. They're usually simple and offer real goodness. I'll have to try it once I get settled into the new place. Thanks

John

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
Sweet noodle puddings seem to be quite popular but my family has always favored a more savory kugel. I will post my mother's recipe for this treat in a day or so when I can dig it up from my daughter to whom it was passed. In the interim, I have to deal with the wall mounting of a plasma and some speakers for the den/office. First things first.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Sweet noodle puddings seem to be quite popular but my family has always favored a more savory kugel. I will post my mother's recipe for this treat in a day or so when I can dig it up from my daughter to whom it was passed. In the interim, I have to deal with the wall mounting of a plasma and some speakers for the den/office. First things first.

The great kugel cook off.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I can't believe I'm doing this but you have thrown down the gauntlet. The recipe below is fabulous and has remained unsurpassed at every Temple pot-luck dinner since the beginning of time.

NOODLE KUGEL

1 LB. NOODLES, medium or broad
4 OZ. BUTTER, MELTED
8 EGGS
16 OZ. COTTAGE CHEESE
8 OZ CREAM CHEESE
3/4 CUP SUGAR
1 CAN FRUIT COCKTAIL, DRAINED
1/2 CUP RAISINS
1 TSP CINNAMON, PLUS MORE FOR TOP
4 CRUSHED GRAHAM CRACKER SHEETS

• BOIL NOODLES ACCORDING TO PACKAGE INSTRUCTIONS; DRAIN
• CREAM TOGETHER COTTAGE CHEESE AND CREAM CHEESE.
• ADD SUGAR AND MIX UNTIL COMBINED
• BEAT EGGS UNTIL BLENDED AND ADD TO CHEESE MIXTURE; MIX WELL TO COMBINE
• ADD MELTED BUTTER
• ADD FRUIT COCTAIL, RAISINS AND CINNAMON AND CRUSHED GRAHAM CRACKER SHEETS
• ADD NOODLES AND STIR TO COMBINE

LIGHTLY OIL AN 11X18 BAKING DISH AND POUR MIXTURE IN. SPRINKLE TOP WITH CINNAMON
BAKE AT 350 FOR ABOUT 45 MINUTES OR UNTIL SET.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Great recipe Marty

You need to put up the recipe of Lisa's chocolate chip banana nut cake that she made when I stayed with you. It was killer

Now there's a challenge I may have to take Marty up on. My Banana/Raisin loaf is legendary for its "killer" taste. LOL!

John

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing