My Precious

Sonus

Jul 7, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Hi Guys,

Here is my system:

Acoustic Treatment
GIK: 4 Tri Traps, 4 244 Bass Traps, 4 Monster Bass Traps, 6 242 Acoustic Panels, 8 GridFusor, 6 QRD Diffusor

Component listing
Digital Source - Ayre QB-9
Preamp - Einstein The Tube Mk.II
Power Amp - Kr Audio Kronzilla SX
Speakers - Vaughn Zinfandel
Subwoofer - REL G1
Speaker Cables - Acoustic Zen Satori
Interconnects - Acoustic Zen Absolute
Power Cables - Acoustic Zen Absolute
Power Conditioning - Equi-Tech

Attachments

• 077A0878.jpg
    077A0878.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 1,775
  • 077A0879.jpg
    077A0879.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 1,724
  • 077A0678.jpg
    077A0678.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 1,697
  • 077A0685.jpg
    077A0685.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 1,705
  • 077A0689.jpg
    077A0689.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 1,843

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Welcome!

Interesting pairing of gear :)

Haven't run across those speakers. Perhaps you can fill us in a little more?

Sonus

Jul 7, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Looks great! That Einstein and the KR are two pieces of equipment i've been itching to try in my system. Pity they are so expensive!

Oh, and welcome to WBF!

Thank you!
The Einstein and the KR are truly (IMHO) the best gear i've owned to date.
Did you know that Volker Bohlmeier the Einstein maker himself uses the same speakers as you own to demonstrate his gear? That says a lot :p (and BTW: great system you have!)

Welcome!

Interesting pairing of gear :)

Haven't run across those speakers. Perhaps you can fill us in a little more?

Thank you Myles

The Zinfandel landed in my system almost two years ago as i searched for a high efficient speaker to run S.E.T amps on.
I've always loved the sound of S.E.T amps but couldn't find the best pair of speakers that will fit my demands and budget, until i heard the Zinfandel.
With 97DB, 'full range' mid driver and a 12" bass driver that speaker plays music like i've never heard before.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello and welcome to the WBF, Sonus. It looks like you have assembled a great system worthy of many an hour of pure enjoyment. Congratulations and again, welcome to the forum. There are many a great member here to discuss the one hobby it seems you have a great interest in.

Enjoy the music.

Tom

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
I just had a closer look at the pictures. Those panels on the walls ... are they room treatment?

Yes I know about Einstein and Acapella. I'm not sure how well that would have worked, given that 110W triode amps struggled to power my speaker, let alone the 60W OTL that Einstein makes. No Einstein dealer where I live, so unfortunately I can not try.

BTW it really does look like a lovely house. If you tidied up the cabling a tiny bit it would look even better :)

Sonus

Jul 7, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
I just had a closer look at the pictures. Those panels on the walls ... are they room treatment?

Yes they are, GIK

Yes I know about Einstein and Acapella. I'm not sure how well that would have worked, given that 110W triode amps struggled to power my speaker, let alone the 60W OTL that Einstein makes. No Einstein dealer where I live, so unfortunately I can not try.

In the last CES (The Show) in Vegas they sounded great together, you should come next time :D
IMG_7845.jpg

BTW it really does look like a lovely house. If you tidied up the cabling a tiny bit it would look even better :)

You are correct, the picture of my audio system is an old one and now I have all the cables on Cable Elevators
077A0763.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing