Nordost Silver Screen HDMI Cables
Nordost Frey Interconnects from blu-ray to Processor
Nordost Red Dawn Interconnects from Processor to Amplifier
Transparent MusicWave Speaker Cables

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Sweet! Are you using the Pio Elite BDP-05FD as your CD/SACD(?) player as well? I love the finish on those Viennas!

John

Chizzap30

Jun 23, 2010
Jackson, MI
Sometimes I do used my Blu-ray player for CD Playback. However, I have most of my CD's ripped as Apple Lossless on my PC (in the far left of the picture) and play digital music off of it. I installed an ASUS Essence STX Soundcard in the PC and it's been rather impressive.

MC352

Aug 27, 2010
CT
Nice gear! Nice looking system. When you play the music from the PC, is there a way to display what you've selected to hear on the flat screen?

Is that rope bridge the only way out of the listening room? :)

Chizzap30

Jun 23, 2010
Jackson, MI
Yes, I used iTunes as my library organizer and I built the PC from scratch so I selected a video card that had HDMI out so that I could connect it to my Television. So I can have the visualizer going on the TV and use my iPhone with the remote app to control the PC.

MC352

Aug 27, 2010
CT
It must look cool on that big screen.

I use a music server, but I only have a small 17 inch screen to see what's playing.

Chizzap30

Jun 23, 2010
Jackson, MI

Changed the Amplifier to a Krell Evolution 302. Also my entire system is now Transparent Ultra Level Interconnects and Speaker Cables. It made a pretty dramatic improvement over the Nordost Interconnects. I'm having a much lower noise floor and a bigger, grander soundstage.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Great! I always liked VA's speakers. I had no idea the EVO 302s were so big. They look great in black and I bet they sound great too. Way to go!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Nice system.. I got some sonic improvements removing my bis flat screen for a projector7folded screen setup. It is incredible how much - in my case - a TV in the middle of the speakers was affecting sound reproduction.

Congrats!

Chizzap30

Jun 23, 2010
Jackson, MI
Hello Everyone. I have moved and made some minor changes to my system since these photos were taken so I figured I should upload the new layout.

I guess the first thing is people will probably notice is the vienna acoustics are gone and I now am a proud owner of a pair of Wilson Audio Sophia 2's in Ferrari Red.

The Krell Evo 302 Amp is gone and been replaced with Bully Sound Co. BSC-100M Amplifiers. This company is Bret D'Agostino's new company.

I have now mounted my television to the wall and made space for a turntable. It is a Once Analog Turntable with a SME Series V Tonearm and Benz Ruby 3 Cartridge.

And last, but certainly not least is my 2-channel preamp. It is the Doshi Audio Alaap Full Function Prototype.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

Chizzap30

Jun 23, 2010
Jackson, MI
I will do in do time. I just received them last night so I need to get some hours and some real time with them. But I am very happy with the decision to go for these amps after only hearing the prototypes some months ago.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing