Music That Makes You Feel At Home

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Here's what I mean...

I have friends that I don't see very often. I have one friend that currently lives in New York with his wife and 2 daughters. I've known him since 5th grade, back before the Civil War. Through elementary, junior high and high school, we were best friends. We then went our separate ways in college and our career paths took us to different parts of the States. Last month he came out to the Bay Area and for 2 days we had a blast, mostly hanging out in Berkeley, catching up on old times and, of course, drinking Don Julio Anejo. It was as if we never separated; there was no unfamiliarity or awkwardness. It was like being at home.

There's some new music that makes me feel the same way. Be it genres or artists, when I listen I feel like I'm back at home. Two releases from this year come to mind, not because they are 5 star classics, but because they make me grounded and comfortable and bring me home.

A Fool To Care.jpg Alone In The Universe.jpg

Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
What a great story! Awesome!:D I'm a big fan of both Boz and ELO, so I'm adding these to my wishlist.

I don't have a story, but as a huge Harmonium fan I was absolutely delighted when it's former founding member Serge Fiori released a solo album last year. Unfortunately the loudness wars had their impact, but the music wasn't lost on me and brought me back to living in Montreal in the 70's and being exposed to the Quebecois music scene.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
There's some new music that makes me feel the same way. Be it genres or artists, when I listen I feel like I'm back at home. Two releases from this year come to mind, not because there are 5 star classics, but because they make me grounded and comfortable and bring me home.

View attachment 23674
Great story Ron. For me music that reminds me of an experience is far more elevated than those that don't.

I bought the above album recently when I saw Lucinda Williams name. I discovered her when I was collecting music to test our audio codec at Microsoft. It was one of the most fun parts of my career there. So when I saw her name together with Boz, I had to have it.

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Gail and I like to cuddle on the couch while listening to Karla Bonoff's "All My Life: The Best of Karla Bonoff"

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing