Music server starter kit

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I have too much idle gear that should be playing music. It occurred to me there are still a lot of people using CD players only for music. That is pretty much the modern equivalent of the old hand cranked record players, and it is time to move into the 21st century. So, for a limited time, I am going to offer a music server starter kit that will destroy sub $10k CD players, both sonically, and more importantly, in versatility.

Gear:

Bryston BDP-1 music server
Bryston BDA-1 DAC
Shunyata XLR Python Digital interconnect
Shunyata Zitron Cobra power cables (2)

List price new is around $7k.

Price: $2500 plus shipping.

For another $250 I will include a 500GB USB hard drive that has thousands of CDs in rock, classical, jazz, and other genres. There is still a little over 100GB free space on it since I use ALAC and FLAC to store music.

Gear is like new, with only minor scratches on the bottom of the Bryston gear from sitting on Mapleshade Brass Micropoint footers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing