Mud

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Saw this one tonight. Very good story, well directed. I also enjoyed the soundtrack. Matthew McConaughey will almost certainly get an Oscar nomination. A possible Best Picture contender if it had been 20' shorter. Worth checking out if you are tired of fighting teenagers at the summer blockbusters.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Saw this film yesterday and as Mark said, it is an interesting albeit slow moving story that progresses to an almost predictable ending. Matthew McConaughey was very good but I'm not sure I see him good enough for Oscar consideration but you never know as there now more nominees each year.

The issue with the snakes in the film was also quite predictable but worth seeing as a rental. The 2 young boys in the film I thought were actually better in their roles than McConaughey

3 stars

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Mud is still in theaters out here...word of mouth I guess has been really good.

I found it exactly as you did Dr. Side Effects is still my favorite movie of 2013.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing