MSB DAC IV and DSD files

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Are you able to play 128fs files on your DAC ?

Beeing a DSD virgin, I tried yesterday to play some sample files from 2L - DXD and DSD 64x played fine, but 128x got downsampled to 64x.

Not sure if that is a compluter playback software issue, or hardware issue (I have a DAC IV with 384 USB input and latest driver and firmware updates).

I have ckecked JRMC 19 options menu, and I have set DSD DoP as output format. There was also 2x DSD but that was only for ASIO drivers.

Works fine here on my Macs, using Audirvana. I think it worked fine on PureMusic too.

It's definitely the software, as the hardware is capable.

alexandre

Thanks. I wonder if anyone managed to make JRMC 19 play DSD 128fs files. I'm a PC guy.

I have played DSD128 files using JRMC 18 on a PC via USB into a Playback Designs MPD-3 DAC, but the DSD output format had to be set to bitstream (not DoP).

I have been able to play DSD128 from Jriver Media Center 19 to a Marantz NA-11s1 through DoP without issue. This was on a Win7 PC.

Last edited:
I have played DSD128 files using JRMC 18 on a PC via USB into a Playback Designs MPD-3 DAC, but the DSD output format had to be set to bitstream (not DoP).

Thanks for the hint. The solution was to enable the Bitstreaming: (DSD over PCM (DoP)) option in JRiver.

Now it plays DXD, DSD and 2xDSD without problems.

Thanks for the hint. The solution was to enable the Bitstreaming: (DSD over PCM (DoP)) option in JRiver.

Now it plays DXD, DSD and 2xDSD without problems.

Adam,
When will you have your preliminary opinion about DSD with the DACIV?

Francesco,

More likely in the coming weeks than days. I'm so busy with other projects I don't have time for any listening tests :(

1acl.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing