awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Dear all

In order to get to the bottom of the value of MQA I propose a challenge

I will postulate that MQA is of no added value and simply a marketing tool

There is no evidence it adds anything over current technologies extant

In reality, obviously it either does, or not, however insignificant

I suggest people propose reasoned approaches to why this might or might not be the case

Although I have deliberately taken the contrary view, please no personal invective or assumptions about what my view is....

As a rational person, I am open to reasoned argument, and fact and actual trialled data

And quotes like I personally liked it etc, is not of value....sorry

If it's 10million...maybe I will take notice ;)....provide we have the signature....kidding !

Thx in advance

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Here's a thought....

Instead of postulating about the question the you posted....maybe do something that i know a lot of people hate to do when it comes to audio-------------- GET OFF YOUR BACKSIDE AND GO OUT AND LISTEN FOR YOURSELF!

In my humble opinion...there is absolutely no point in having this discussion unless the member (s) have actually experienced/listened to the SQ of MQA for themselves....NONE.

parkcaka

Sep 11, 2016
Istanbul
Here's a thought....

Instead of postulating about the question the you posted....maybe do something that i know a lot of people hate to do when it comes to audio-------------- GET OFF YOUR BACKSIDE AND GO OUT AND LISTEN FOR YOURSELF!

In my humble opinion...there is absolutely no point in having this discussion unless the member (s) have actually experienced/listened to the SQ of MQA for themselves....NONE.

+1

I also have no experience with MQA and I also am very sceptical about it being another marketing BS for selling us the same music over and over again.

(a big) BUT, I will listen to it myself as soon as I have the chance before reaching a solid judgement.

Maybe it really provides a better SQ or it just sounds better because it sounds different and closer to our taste because there is some equalization taking place.

It doesn't matter at the end, if it makes me happier with what I am hearing I don't care what the numbers, technical papers say.

For example, I know that Transparent Cables are not really the most transparent cables in the market (infact, technically speaking, they may be one the least transparent cables) but when I hear music through a calibrated high level Transparent Cable it sounds just right. Not right as in musician's or studio techician's intentions but right as the sound I want to hear at home and emotionally connect.

So if MQA can achieve it I will follow. If I am confused with what I'll hear, I will drop it.

Cheers,

Cagdas

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing