Monster Sigma Genesis S2000

Loheswaran

Dec 19, 2014
Dear all
anyone here familiar with this cartridge? I understand it was made by the guy who makes zyx and had gold coils.

How does it stack up to the new top flight cartridges?

What arm compliance is good?

Sut or active phono stage?
thanks

Robert Young

VIP/Donor
Oct 22, 2020
New York CIty
Dear all
anyone here familiar with this cartridge? I understand it was made by the guy who makes zyx and had gold coils.

How does it stack up to the new top flight cartridges?

What arm compliance is good?

Sut or active phono stage?
thanks
No one ever answered? I’ve just bought a Sigma Genesis 2000 for a great price, had it checked out by Joseph Long (needlestein on Lenco Heaven) who gave it a knock-out review, and would love to know more. Already know that it is the ancestor of ZYX carts. Any info re: loheswaran’s questions would be most welcome.

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Did needlestein confirm gold coils?

Robert Young

VIP/Donor
Oct 22, 2020
New York CIty
Hi Erik, good question…i didn’t ask him to, just to check the state of the suspension, cantilever and diamond, and its performance against published specs…i’ll shoot him a note to see.
By the way, i miss the Tedeska. ;)

Reactions: Solypsa

Loheswaran

Dec 19, 2014
So Joseph didn’t check the innards, as the cartridge was performing way above spec, but he has another one there in his shop that’s all in pieces, and he says the coils look like copper to him….
i actually have all the paperwork with mine - i will fish it out. I haven't listened to it much in fairness. I bought it from EXPERT STYLUS and was basically new. I think the coils are probably copper.

It's quite a light cartridge i must say and want to try it on my Moerch DP6 - that said the Geoff from Helius recommended Zyx carts - so i may put it on the Omega arm.

Reactions: Robert Young

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing