VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2013

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
I met a classical musician today, we have daughters at the same school

He'd recently played at the the Maraya Concert Hall in Saudi. Said it was the most incredible place he'd played in his career

https://www.designboom.com/architec...ed-saudi-arabia-winter-at-tantora-02-26-2019/

I'd not heard of it but certainly looks an interesting venue
From the article it sounds like the mirrors are on two sides of the building only.

This would be a good thing because in that environment a giant mirror would melt the plastic bumpers of cars.

In fact, car and bus traffic would better served if inside or under a shade canopy of some sort.

Hard to tell from that single article if the mirror sides are an art installation or integral part of the architecture.

That poor woman in the video dancing about was probably looking for the back door where women are allowed to enter.

defride

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2013
That poor woman in the video dancing about was probably looking for the back door where women are allowed to enter.

One of many reasons I'd not want experience the place myself

It was the musician who piqued my interest, someone who has played everywhere. He was adamant it was the most incredible place he'd played. I'd never heard of it.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
The interior images look almost like a big portable tent. Maybe it sounds good a venue with no boundaries.

kach22i

WBF Founding Member
Apr 21, 2010
Ann Arbor, Michigan
www.kachadoorian.com
Not a tent, conventional pre-fab metal building with a complex of structures behind it and connected.

The mirror show sides are just two planes.

Stop exactly at the 3:45 mark of video below. Suggest watch whole video to get a flavor of the region.

Who knew it rains there?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing