Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Just a heads up.....Please note that you must be a member to see the items for sale.

[EDIT-] We have found out that you must ba a member with at least 50 posts in order to view the F/S section of that forum.

Tom

Last edited:

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Just a heads up.....Please note that you must be a member to see the items for sale.

Tom

Wasn't aware of that... It's free, so no biggie I suppose.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Don't you have to drink some Koolaid too before you can join?

LOL....I ignore the drinking parties of admiration for the host and the kazillion Beatles threads. I will say I've scored some nice deals on there, which is why I posted this.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I like that forum for all the details on pressings and history of particular releases- my sense is that it is not really driven by hi-fi nuts, but some pretty serious vinyl collectors. What MF releases are they? I have many, many that I bought back in the day and to me, none of them are that special sounding.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I like that forum for all the details on pressings and history of particular releases- my sense is that it is not really driven by hi-fi nuts, but some pretty serious vinyl collectors. What MF releases are they? I have many, many that I bought back in the day and to me, none of them are that special sounding.

I have no idea on the releases Bill. ?If someone here were interested they'd have to join or ask question there.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
I went ahead and signed up as a member. I thought I already was one from years ago but apparently not. Currently awaiting approval.

John, I know it's no big deal for some but history has taught me that some folks do not prefer to join things just to be able to view something. Hence, the heads up. ;)

Tom

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I have no idea on the releases Bill. ?If someone here were interested they'd have to join or ask question there.

I have lurked there for a while, just as a research resource. I registered just now, but can't even find their classified ads. Where are they on the site? On the discussion board, there is no separate section for classifieds. (Not that I'm buying MoFi, but it may be a good source for older pressings of other stuff, dunno).
thanks John.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I have lurked there for a while, just as a research resource. I registered just now, but can't even find their classified ads. Where are they on the site? On the discussion board, there is no separate section for classifieds. (Not that I'm buying MoFi, but it may be a good source for older pressings of other stuff, dunno).
thanks John.

Go to FORUM/ MARKETPLACE/CLASSIFIEDS

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Bill, the SHF may be like other sites where the F/S section is omitted for visiting members.

Tom

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I went ahead and signed up as a member. I thought I already was one from years ago but apparently not. Currently awaiting approval.

John, I know it's no big deal for some but history has taught me that some folks do not prefer to join things just to be able to view something. Hence, the heads up. ;)

Tom

I understand completely Tom!

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Bill, the SHF may be like other sites where the F/S section is omitted for visiting members.

Tom
Yeah, could be, it doesn't show up on my screen at all. I registered, but still nada. I sent a note to the admin to ask. Maybe they have a posting threshold to access, dunno. thanks Tom.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Sadly just found this:

Rules for our Classifieds Forum
Welcome to the Classifieds forum.

In order to use the Classifieds there is a minimum post requirement of 50 posts. Also you need to have been a member of the forum for a minimum of 30 days. Members who do not meet this criteria will not be able to access the Classifieds at all.

here is the post:

I'm selling 11 audiophile vinyl records as a set. The price is $200.00 shipped in the U.S. All of the records are VG++ to NM, one is sealed. They include all original packaging and may show some light shelf ware. I'm selling because I don't listen to them and they're going to waste. Don't have the time to sell separately. Maybe someone here wants them.

MFSL 1-502 Tchaikovsky
MFSL 1-504 Le Jazz Grande
MFSL 1-513 Ravel Bolero
MFSL 1-048 Garland Minnelli
MFSL 2-503 Sebesky (Sealed)
MFSL 1-009 Stewart YOTC
Sheffield Treasury, Dave Grusin, Discovered Again
Half Speed Mastered, CBS Mastersound 40446, Grofe
Half Speed Mastered, CBS Mastersound, 44205, Gershwin
Half Speed Mastered, CBS Mastersound, 36692, Stern
Half Speed Mastered, CBS Mastersound, 36711, Maazel

The price is now $100...he's dropped it by 50%.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
Yeah, I just found that out minutes ago John.

Steve Hoffman Music Forums said:
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Lovely.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
If there are any questions I can contact the seller.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Well, we'll see if I ever qualify. There's a thread there now about Yellow Bird by Arthur Lyman, I have a bunch of those old records from the early sixties, sort of audiophile tiki-bar music. Haven't listened to them in years... Not exactly where I'd want to start contributing :)
PS Most of those CBS 1/2 speed masters were pretty nasty.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Well, we'll see if I ever qualify. There's a thread there now about Yellow Bird by Arthur Lyman, I have a bunch of those old records from the early sixties, sort of audiophile tiki-bar music. Haven't listened to them in years... Not exactly where I'd want to start contributing :)
PS Most of those CBS 1/2 speed masters were pretty nasty.

More bad than good for sure. However my BJ-The Stranger sounds pretty good.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing