Melissa Ethrdige: Now this is how you finish a concert!!!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Not sure if you all are a fan of Melissa Etheridge as I am. But was just flipping channels and ran into to the tail end of her live concert in LA last year. After playing one of my favorite tracks, "Like the Way I Do," the band walks out and she breaks out into this amazing solo guitar piece. Boy, what a way to extend a song from 5 minutes to 15. Most enjoyable rendition I have heard her do. Youtube does not do justice to it if you are listening on your tablet or computer speaker so I hope you have a way of listening to it on your system:

Jump to 4:50 if you don't care for that track and just want to listen to the instrumental portion that I am talking about.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
It's nice 12-string guitar picking Amir. ...Ovation.

I saw her a very long time ago in a small coffee house in Vancouver while living there and staying in a 1918 three-story house with only musicians, near the Cambie bridge.
In person Melissa is magnetic and her guitar playing invigorating for the soul. ...I have several CDs of her, but no longer listen to her. ...It was a time in life.

Today that house is no more, across they used to audition actors for movies.

...Many good souvenirs, many great people. ...That's what we're made of. ...When we were young and creative.
Today is total relaxation time, with Classical music, and Jazz & Blues, like it was back in the 60s and 70s.

I used to frequent small coffee houses in different towns, from Montreal to Vancouver...more intimacy, closeness with the people...musicians and participants (listeners).

Melissa has some excellent tunes; the smoother ones. ...It's been too long, can't remember by titles. ...Got about ten CDs and few LPs of hers.
While I'm typing this outside on my veranda, a bald eagle is flying over my head, and a young buck (deer) sitting on the grass across the field.

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it...and it brought me back to some good peaceful times with great people around; musicians.

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
HUGE! Etheridge fan (musically & personally); she'll be coming to Kitchener Ontario Center in the Square Sept 21;

Amir, I hope you can understand why I can't potentially risk spoiling her show by watching this trailer, :p

... but thx for bringing her into our discussions. (BTW, your close up monkey shot, in an adjacent thread, looks awesome)

Have many of her original LPs/CD's, which tend to sound a bit punchy, but certainly not hot. The last CD I purchased of hers was Skin (3145486612), unless I'm mistaken, no counterpart LP exist. Excellent! I'll definitely be looking to add this CD (MMRCD9503) to my collection soon ...

R-7101103-1433757667-8178.jpeg.jpg

Has anyone heard it?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing