Maximizing goosebump factor from Hi-Fi systems?

You mean as opposed to the one who thinks they're driving a Buggati Veyron, when in reality it performs no better than old Mustang but can't tell the difference, right? ;)
After a whole day of contemplating, that was the best you could come up with ? I am disappointed !:rolleyes:

After a whole day of contemplating, that was the best you could come up with ? I am disappointed !:rolleyes:
Don't flatter yourself. You were barely an afterthought.

Reactions: Lagonda
Personally, pure tones get to me. I don't know if there is anybody on this site who will identify with what I am saying or not, but sometimes a pure plump resonating tone from an oboe, or clarinet, or a particularly fine voice (male or female), when heard live or from a great analogue recording, creates something akin to a colour in my head. Hard to explain and probably pretty weird, but it is like a different language that my mind can somehow comprehend (for lack of a better term).

I have seen a couple of references to "dynamics" on this thread, and reference to the acceleration of a Veyron, which is, IMHO, what thrills the pro-digital crowd but dynamics per se, doesn't do it for me. Mine lies in the harmonics.

Reactions: Lagonda

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing