Mavs or Heat

Who Will Win The 2011 NBA Championship

• Total voters

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I layed down a couple of small wagers just to make watching the game more fun. Dallas in 6 makes me a hundred bucks :)

Also if the Mavs win, I'm naming my car Dirk.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
How many are voting for the Mavs not because they like them but because they hate the Heat :)

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Methinks Mavs must win tonight or else it's the Heat... Lebron has been sleepwalking in the past two games.. If he wakes up ... Heat wins ... They seem to have more weapons than the Mavs .. "Seems" because when jason Terry and Balea are playing well the Mavs are quasi impossible to defend ...
I honestly don't know .. Rooting for the Mavs though ....Shhh! Don't tell that to the people in Miami ... :) I don't truly hate the Heat but The Decision was too much a display of hubris and bad taste for me to bear ... I know they'll win a trophy or 3 but I don't want it this year. I also honestly didn't think they were going to be that good ...

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I want the Mavs in 6 because I think they are more hungry and the Heat is too narcissistic!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
How many are voting for the Mavs not because they like them but because they hate the Heat :)

I'm in this category. I was telling me friends here that had the Heat faced the Lakers, I would have probably rooted for the Lakers wherein I might be lynched by my fellow Celtic fans. LOL But really, I hated the Sixers in the '82 season so much because they beat the Celts in the conference finals in a brutal war; that in the Finals, I actually rooted for the Lakers of Kareem, Magic, Silk, et al. I even had my cousin in LA get me an LA World Champion T-shirt after that. ;)

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I really hope the Mavs play one more game the way they did the last 2 in this series and they way they played LAL. Sink their outside shots (well, that is hard to dictate), play zone intermittently, and use the height advantage of Tyson Chandler inside like they did in the LA series. This has been their formula of winning. It's my belief that you can't 'out-defend' Miami. Boston and Chicago learned that. You need to consciously outscore them by finding a way to get around their tough D, which is centered in the half court game. To credit Dallas even at this point, they have 2 more wins than either Boston and Chicago in their series. Whether James slept through by himself or his slumber was caused by Dallas' zone and double team on him, the credit still goes to Rick and the Mavs for grinding out these 3 wins, 1 even on the road, where nobody previously had done to the Heat. I hate to think about Boston losing games 6 and 7 on the road and equate it with today's Mavs, it's much too painful to think you are 1 game away but still couldn't get the ring. I'd like to think of what the Bullets of '78 and the Lakers of 1980 did in the Finals, that is to win on the road against big odds. Kareem did not play on Game 6 that year due to an injury and it was the historical performance of one rookie named Magic Johnson who scored 42 points and played guard, forward, and center in that game. That's how heroes are made. Let's see tonight. I voted Mavs for tonight.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm for the Mavs because of their heart. They won me over in the playoffs. I hope they can grind out this one last one win.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Best team that money could buy doesn't get it done. No one on the Heat wanted to take charge--or as was said in the beginning of season, they'd need three basketballs to play; well at least two now.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing