Lampizator VP4

Boggy

Jan 16, 2013
Hi. I have heard a few of the Lampizator Dacs and they were very good. Just wondering if any of you guys have heard their latest phonostage, the VP4. Can you describe how it sounds? TIA! :)

JSA

Dec 20, 2020
Actually I was privileged to have VP4 Silver at home over the last weekend.
The only thing I can say is that VP4 Silver is a pure magic. I was simply not aware this level of performance is possible.
Lukasz and his team created something truly extraordinary. If you have a chance - give it a try that is all I can say.
For a long time I was assuming that Pacific is very close to vinyl. It is indeed extremely good, but VP4 Silver makes vinyl sound extraordinary.
I am scratching my head how is that possible?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Eventually the pendulum will swing in the other direction.

Last edited:

JSA

Dec 20, 2020
Eventually the pendulum will swing in the other direction.
You are probably very right, but since I have returned VP4 Silver last evening, I think all the time how the hell do I get it back Into my vinyl rig ???
It is not an insignificant amount for phono pre…and at the same time:
It is simply amazing how good it is….

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
You are probably very right, but since I have returned VP4 Silver last evening, I think all the time how the hell do I get it back Into my vinyl rig ???

What phono pre do you currently have in your system and how does that compare to the VP4?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I have been paying attention
It looks as though uber phono sections are on the rise. This after days were getting all the attention.
So you get a WADAX and an Esoteric. Or Horixon to go with your techdas

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
It will be interesting to see what they can do with phono preamp
S.
For instance battey technology is 3xploding.r

JSA

Dec 20, 2020
What phono pre do you currently have in your system and how does that compare to the VP4?
I am not a super big vinyl fan. At the moment I am using Muarah MU2. My vinyl rig is simple: Transrotor ZET1 + Hana ML cartridge. The rest of my setup is Pacific, Wavac MD805 monos and Usher Dancer DMD-10.
However adding VP4 Silver transformed my vinyl rig completely.
Main differences: the soundstage becomes incredibly 3D, all instruments gain a lot of texture, all individual instruments seem clearly audible even though it is not a matter of being "loud" but being more present.
It has ended up in a way where I have spent most of Saturday and Sunday just listening to vinyls, and started to consider that I probably need a better phono pre.
I start thinking that all this hassle with calibration, dust removing, cleaning records - all the celebrations are worth it, because the music coming out is simply incredible.
I don't have a lot of experience with various phono pre(s), but will definitely try a few to make my own opinion and to understand how much VP4 is in the class of its own...

Last edited:

JSA

Dec 20, 2020
I have been paying attention
It looks as though uber phono sections are on the rise. This after days were getting all the attention.
So you get a WADAX and an Esoteric. Or Horixon to go with your techdas

Interesting...
So what you say is that many top brands are about (or in the process already) to kick-off very expensive phonos?
You might be actually right, when I think about how little of components is required for a decent phono, end-user prices are somewhat scarry...
At the same time when I think of some of Lampi products (but not limited to Lampi only of course) - these are more like musical instruments than just audio devices.

La Dolce Vita

Jun 22, 2023
Hi! Regarding Lampizator… I was introduced to the brand in its early years…before the fame. I started with a Statement DAC 7, then a second, then a Big 7, then a Golden Gate, then updates, then Pacific, and now a Horizon.

Somewhere along the way, I became smitten with vinyl. I’d heard another system or two where it sounded magical, but could not get my vinyl rig to sound that way. It always sounded “competent” but I wanted to feel the soul of the music as I do with the Lampizator DACs on the digital side.

I’d ordered a MC1 that brought me quite close to the performance I was accustomed to on the digital side. I was satisfied but like so many of us, I wanted more goodness.

I recently ordered a Silver VP4 to replace the MC1. Wow! It only came a few days before I left on an extended trip, so the anticipation of listening more when I return is there but immediately it was evident I had just acquired the “Horizon” of the Lampi phonostages.
Feedback is very preliminary and early, but I am very pleased. I’ve never had vinyl sounding this great in my home and I’m now connecting with the music in a way I’d only done previously on the digital side…

Hope this helps…

• Love
Reactions: LampiNA and Golum

JSA

Dec 20, 2020
Hi! Regarding Lampizator… I was introduced to the brand in its early years…before the fame. I started with a Statement DAC 7, then a second, then a Big 7, then a Golden Gate, then updates, then Pacific, and now a Horizon.

Somewhere along the way, I became smitten with vinyl. I’d heard another system or two where it sounded magical, but could not get my vinyl rig to sound that way. It always sounded “competent” but I wanted to feel the soul of the music as I do with the Lampizator DACs on the digital side.

I’d ordered a MC1 that brought me quite close to the performance I was accustomed to on the digital side. I was satisfied but like so many of us, I wanted more goodness.

I recently ordered a Silver VP4 to replace the MC1. Wow! It only came a few days before I left on an extended trip, so the anticipation of listening more when I return is there but immediately it was evident I had just acquired the “Horizon” of the Lampi phonostages.
Feedback is very preliminary and early, but I am very pleased. I’ve never had vinyl sounding this great in my home and I’m now connecting with the music in a way I’d only done previously on the digital side…

Hope this helps…
Interesting...
I am currently evaluating other options than Lampi for phono in my rig.
Will report more in couple of days.
My initial thought on VP4 was similar to yours, it sounded to me very transformational...

La Dolce Vita

Jun 22, 2023
Interesting...
I am currently evaluating other options than Lampi for phono in my rig.
Will report more in couple of days.
My initial thought on VP4 was similar to yours, it sounded to me very transformational...
Agreed… we are fortunate today to have many great sounding audio components from which to choose… but very few enable one to truly feel and experience the music at that level.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing