Lampizator Golden Gate 3 Impressions

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
I noticed in the WTB classifieds that there's a GG SE with Engine 11-P for sale. I didn't know the 11-P was available for the GG. Anyone know how it sounds different than the E-11? The Lampi price list describes the GG as "a bit cooler, more neutral." Is the 11-P warmer?

Blake

Jun 28, 2018
My GG3 also has Engine 11-P rather than the standard Engine 11. I have no idea how E11 compares sonically to E11-P, but 11-P is double the cost, so presumably sonically superior? Who knows.

Aside from Lukasz and others at the factory, I'm guessing there are precious few who would have first-hand experience comparing both engines in the same DAC/system. But if someone on WBF does have experience, I'd also be curious for impressions.

Last edited:
Reactions: christoph

Lukasz "Lampizator" Fikus

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jan 29, 2020
Engine 11 is a rather sophisticated DAC board, with 8 separate grounds and 8 separate supplies and regulators and rectifiers.
The regular 11 is like "make it as simple as possible" and the 11P is like "make it the best you possibly can, money is no object". It results in more sophisticated, more advanced sound, that tastes like an expensive wine. It is better but noone knows exactly why.

Reactions: Blake and christoph

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Engine 11 is a rather sophisticated DAC board, with 8 separate grounds and 8 separate supplies and regulators and rectifiers.
The regular 11 is like "make it as simple as possible" and the 11P is like "make it the best you possibly can, money is no object". It results in more sophisticated, more advanced sound, that tastes like an expensive wine. It is better but noone knows exactly why.

Thanks, Lukasz. The question I have remaining comes from that description of the GG3 on page 3 of the price list: “a bit cooler, more neutral." Does the 11P change that relative to the E11? Or is that description driven by some other aspect of the design relative to other models?

Btw, both the GG3 and Big7 Mk3 descriptions are cut off on the price list (p.3).

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing