Lampizator B7 Mk2 Won't play DSD512 or DXD from Roon Rock (on fanless Intel NUC)

dfrancoanzola

May 18, 2022
Hi all, has anyone encountered this issue? Haven't been able to pinpoint the problem. It's probably related to firmware or configuration in the server, but any perspective / suggestion is much appreciated.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I think you might be right about the firmware.
With roon Rock you need a Linux optimised firmware on your Lampi USB input.
Is your USB board Amanero or JL Sound?

Reactions: Alrainbow

shadowlight

Oct 27, 2016
i am assuming that other dsd rates are working correctly for you? this might fall under stupid question of the day but does the dsd engine in big7mk2 support 512 or is it restricted to 256?

Edit: https://www.lampizatorpoland.com/big-7-dac does say DSD512

Edit 2: Is the NUC powerful enough to do 512?

Last edited:

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
@dfrancoanzola - irrespective of the cause, you might find that a lower sampling rate with a more computationally demanding algorithm will sound better. That was certainly the case when I previously ran HQP from my SGM Evo into a TA dac, where the full form XTR 128 sounded better than any 512 filters.

Reactions: Alrainbow

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing