Lamm and Raidho

2ndLiner

Dec 16, 2015
I currently have a pair of Raidho D2.1's and am considering an amp upgrade. They are being driven by a Viola Labs Symphony stereo amp (200wpc) and a Shindo Vosne-Romanee pre. I was using the Viola Crescendo pre but find that the Shindo V-R

delivers a bit more emotion. Does anyone have experience combining Lamm with Raidho? BTW, my listening room is 13x12x8. I greatly appreciate any thoughts or questions...

Michael

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
For the last few years, LAMM has been showing at CES with Verity Audio. which use a ribbon tweeter similar to your speakers. The LAMM/Verity combo has been my favorite at CES.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I currently have a pair of Raidho D2.1's and am considering an amp upgrade. They are being driven by a Viola Labs Symphony stereo amp (200wpc) and a Shindo Vosne-Romanee pre. I was using the Viola Crescendo pre but find that the Shindo V-R

delivers a bit more emotion. Does anyone have experience combining Lamm with Raidho? BTW, my listening room is 13x12x8. I greatly appreciate any thoughts or questions...

Michael

Hi Michael,

The D2.1 is a relatively benign load, we had a pair here on trade and it worked very well even with the Lamm 2.2. The Lamm M1.2/Raidho combination is very natural and musical and even magical with the ML2.2 amps. Given proper setup you can get everything you want from the Lamms!

david

2ndLiner

Dec 16, 2015
Thanks for the responses! What would be some of the differences between the M1.2 and 2.2 as it relates to tonality, imaging, layering, sound stage, depth, etc?

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Thanks for the responses! What would be some of the differences between the M1.2 and 2.2 as it relates to tonality, imaging, layering, sound stage, depth, etc?

The main difference goes way beyond imaging, sound stage, depth, etc., both amps are quite competent in those areas but when you get into beauty and richness of tones, nuances, layering, naturalness and quality of bass no solid state can compete with a SET like the ML2.2.

david

2ndLiner

Dec 16, 2015
Sorry, I misunderstood your first reply, David. I was wondering about the differences between the M1.2 and M2.2 amps. I didn't realize that an 89db Raidho could be driven by an 18wpc SET amp. Hmmm...

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Sorry, I misunderstood your first reply, David. I was wondering about the differences between the M1.2 and M2.2 amps. I didn't realize that an 89db Raidho could be driven by an 18wpc SET amp. Hmmm...

The numbers don't always reveal everything D2.1 is a relatively easy load and the ML2.2 is a very capable amplifier so the combination works well. The difference between the M1.2 and M2.2 is bias. M1.2 is a 110 watt pure Class A design into both 8 ohm and 4 ohm speakers. M2.2 is a pure class A amplifier, with the exception of the output stage which operates in a highly biased A/AB mode. The M2.2 is ideal for speakers of very low efficiency speakers and those with a difficult impedance curve like the old Apogees, MBLs, etc. in your case the M1.2 is the best match. You can get more information on the Lamm website for all amps.

http://www.lammindustries.com/news.html

david

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing